• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADD TO PLACES BAR IN ADOBE READER XI VERSION 11.0.23

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add a couple of new folders to what I refer to as the places bar which is the left hand column of the pop-up when one selects file open from the home page. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Reader forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Reader XI is obsolete. Acrobat Reader DC has an entirely different open dialog with Cloud access and remembered folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an OS-wide setting. You can't set it for a specific application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c135631 wrote:

I want to add a couple of new folders to what I refer to as the places bar which is the left hand column of the pop-up when one selects file open from the home page. 

Are you talking about the Sidebar (Mac) and / or Quick Access (Win)? To add more locations, drag folders in Finder (Mac) or File Explorer (Win).

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane and thanks so much for the response.  I am using Windows 10 and I am fully aware that this reader is not currently supported by Adobe.  It is just my preference.  When you say drag folders, I cannot seem to get that to work.  I currently have 3 custom folders in the bar and need to add a couple of more. 

Thanks again,

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane -- I sure would like a response please.  Kindly refer to the snippet that I attached.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader XI doesn't use the modern Windows 10 dialogs with "Quick access". Refer to reply "This is an OS-wide setting. You can't set it for a specific application."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this version of Reader is no longer available but I have 3 different "Quick Access" choices now that I use everyday.  How would they have gotten to this area please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt you'll find anyone here still running that old version. Your screen shot doesn't look like the standard Open Dialog though - in software of that age, made to run in Windows XP, there is a normally a fixed list of folders like My Documents. Maybe there is an app on your system offering extra features that we wouldn't see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines