Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe acrobat crashing when opening

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been dealing with an issue with Adobe Reader opening on a clients computer.

The application is crashing immediately when opening both .pdf's or when trying to open adobe by it'self.

Tommy5E22_0-1630424571056.png

I've tried disabling protected mode through the registry, and still haven't had any luck.

I tried repairing, and reinstalling the newest version of Adobe Reader, and opening on a different user profile, and issues still persist.

I tried uploading the .DMP files, however they're a couple MBs too large to be uploaded in the built in drop box.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! I'm stuck on this one.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Tommy5E22 

Hope you are doing well.

As you have mentioned that the application crashes while trying to open PDFs. Would you mind sharing few details to understand the issue better? 

1. Application version? You can check that by going to help>check for updates

2. OS version?

3. Is it crashing with a particular PDF or with all PDFs?

For crash issues, here is a help document you can refer to: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines