Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC crashes when using measuring tool

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon.
I have a problem with acrobat reader dc. 
I make an image on adobe illustrator and save her in PDF format. After that, when I'm using the measuring tool in some parts of the document the Adobe application starts blocking. I have to wait for 10 s (more or less) to continue my measures.
I have already reinstalled de adobe and used a different PC but the problem persists.
Additionally, when I try to see the Dump file of Adobe the application stays "Not responding" and I can´t see any error logs.

What can be happening?

Best Regards

[Message moved to the Acrobat Reader Support by Moderator]

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andre,

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Reader DC you are uisng? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.11.20039 installed go to help > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Is this an issue with this specific file or with other PDFs as well? Please try with  a different PDF file and check.

Also please go through the help page listed below and see if that works for you.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good night Amal.
The version of my adobe is  21.11.20039.

I test another file that I have  exported from Illustrator and the problem persists. But if I test a generic file (only text, not from illustrator) the PDF doesn´t block.

Regards.
André

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for trying out the suggestion. As the issue is with the PDFs exported from Illustrator, please check your export settings in Illustrator and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Amal.
I´m saving the file as shown in the figure below. I let all options by default.

Andr23368978k0l3_0-1646224837101.png
Is there anything I should change?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You may also raise your query on Illustrator community https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/probl%C3%A8me-impression-pdf-acrobat-pro/m-p/1278... and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, for anybody who still have this issue, for me the only way to solve the problem was to go to Preferences > Measuring (2D) and disable Snap to 2D Content. I hope this help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines