• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC Standard - Blank boxes in place of fonts when combining multiple files

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're using Adobe Acrobat DC Standard on a relatively new Windows 10 machine to combine multiple files. This includes a mix of .doc, .xls, and .pdf files.

After the files are combined and the newly created doc opens up, we noticed that a certain sections of the combined PDF seems to have blank white boxes in place of the actual character fonts. We checked the original file, and it doesn't seem to have these boxes when it is opened on its own. It's only after combining multiple files together that we see these boxes in the final output version of the file.

I thought maybe it was missing font, but that didn't make sense to me since if you open the file solo, the text has no issues displaying, so if it was part of a combined file, why would it be missing the fonts.

I looked online, and tried steps to embed the fonts and such, but can't verify if I did the process right. I even un-installed and re-installed the application.

Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? Also having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue right now, the original is in word,  I am using the fonts that are in Acrobat DC list (Dubai), and then I copied and pasted the text in this program, but then if I add more pages, the text is starting to do exactly the same reported above (the text is missing some capitals, certain consonants, etc.

I waste many hours fixing this issue, and then now it appeared again! Unbelievable 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever receive an answer to this why this was happening or how to fix it? I've used the Combine Files application many times and have a current file on which I'm experiencing the problem of blank boxes replacing certain letters and characters though the original documents are fine so its occurring in the conversion. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines