Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat - Invalid Plugin detected: Adobe acrobat reader will quit

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Reader on Windows 11

Not sure when the problem started - but probably was after upgrade from Windows 10 to 11

Anyway, I get the 'invalid plugin' each time I try and open a PDF. I've gone through the discussions, and there is a lot of talk about removing the 'Plug_ins' folder or removing apps like bable translation. However, the only folder I have in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader' is 'acrocef_1', and I don't use any of the apps suggested as being in conflict with adobe reader

I have tried uninstalling adobe reader and re-installing, but this made no difference

Any other suggestions on how to remove the error message?

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delay.

Please go through the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://adobe.ly/3IM752Q and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. I have seen this post before. My situation is slightly different in that I don't have a plug_ins folder, so I have nothing to delete or rename, or remove dlls from

Did I misunderstand the solution?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Please go to the location- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins and remove one of the DLL file "ComposerPlayerControl.dll" then start Acrobat Reader (right click on desktop screen, choose Properties/ Compatibility) and go to Help -> Repair Installation and check if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines