Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Remember Tool Pane Settings

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been trying to enable the option "Remember current state of Tools Pane". I noticed this feature is in Acrobat DC Reader, but not Acrobat DC Pro.

Is there a similar option for Pro?

If not could we acquire an update for this option as I feel this pertains to Pro as much, if not more than, Reader.

Thank you,

Zachary C.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Zacharyc,

Sorry for not being able to response to your query on time.

"Remember current state of tool pane" is a feature available only in Adobe Acrobat Reader not in Acrobat DC. Its a design behavior.

For Acrobat DC, there is a permanent solution to disable "Tool Pane" follow the steps here: How to permanently close the tools pane in Adobe Acrobat DC?

Let us know if you were referring to something else.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akki_24,

Thank you for your response.

We are unable to edit Registry Settings in our workplace environment.

Also, we were looking for a different option of being able to keep a custom tool pane open after using it. Is that possible without registry editing?

We wanted to see what options are available for us other than editing registries.

Thank you,

Zachary C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Zachary,

The custom tool pane you are referring here, are those custom tools are within Acrobat or some external one you want to import?

You can customize Quick Tools in Acrobat's menu bar at the top. Right click on menu-bar select Customize Quick Tools...

*Any other changes than this can only be optimized changing registry settings.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. This is a bizarre design decision. I'm going to have to go back to Reader being my default pdf app for this reason, opening Pro only when I need a premium tool (I would much rather just use Pro all the time). I open dozens of pdfs a day, and this design decision means in Pro I'd have to click the Tools pane twice every time (minimise, then collapse), due to my limited screen space. Editing registry is not an option for many work accounts. Bizarre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just crazy that the free version offers more convenience than the paid version !

ADOBE "Pro" means that it is used by professionnals that are submitted to access restrictions on operating system parameters.

Editing the registry is not a acceptable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed. I just googled the solution today as we have just upgraded to Acrobat and am disappointed to find that this is the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines