• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader 2021.007.20091 has issues with FDF files

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last Adobe update (2021.007.20091) doesn't correctly open .FDF files through Windows 10 anymore. If you are running Adobe Acrobat Reader (have the application open) you can browse to and open an .FDF file and it will open successfully; however, if you are in Windows Explorer and you click on an FDF file (expecting Adobe Reader to launch and open), or if you are using a browser and attempt to open a link to an FDF file, Windows seems to think that Adobe isn't finished installing and puts up an installer dialogue box that says "Please wait while Windows configures Adobe Acrobat DC". It appears to be doing an automatic repair. This takes a while (10-30 seconds) and then eventually Adobe will launch and open the FDF file. The next time you try to open an FDF file, the behavior will repeat. The only 'solution' was to roll back Adobe to an earlier version.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update

Please install the latest patch, and let us know if you experience any issues. 

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry forthe trouble.

The team is aware of this issue and working on the fix.

We will update you once we get any information about resolution for this issue.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can you provide an update when this will be fixed? We deal with 100's of these files over the course of a day or two and users are not happy having to sit through an install routine before opening every FDF.

I rolled back to an older version of Adobe to avoid the error and disabled the update tasks (or so I thought) but after a couple days Adobe auto updated itself back to the version that isn't handling FDF's. Not so easy to stop your update I guess. Currently I have the update task disabled and triggers deleted and we'll see how long that lasts. Maybe a different process is doing the updating so I hope you get a corrected version out ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this behavior when opening Catalog Index (.pdx) files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue when opening FDF files from other software. many of our support clients have reported this and are eagerly awaiting a fix! Please keep us updated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update

Please install the latest patch, and let us know if you experience any issues. 

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Running Adobe Reader DC 32-bit on two Windows 8.1 64-bit machines.  After updating to version 2022_001_20085 a couple of days ago, I am having a somewhat similar problem.   ONLY when double-clicking on a .PDX (index) file, a window pops up with "Please wait while Windows configures Adobe Reader DC".  After about 10-30 seconds of this, the Reader comes up and works as expected.  This happens every time, consistently, on both machines, and did not occur with the previous versions 2021.011.20039 or earlier.   No problems opening a regular .PDF file by double-clicking it, or - somewhat surprisingly - if I open the Reader seperately by itself and then specify File --> Open --> choose 'All Files *.* in the Open dialog and then point to a .PDX file, it works great immediately...!  Anybody else see this?  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines