• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader can't open jpegs

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep receiving the following message: Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open 'Image (50).jpg' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

This is happening on all documents, even those which are not email attachments.

Please advise.

Kind regards

[Title edited for clarity by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Acrobat Reader can only open PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can only open PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open a jpg in a browser—Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox. Safari, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

browser chrome jpg  not open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not our problem, rajendran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are getting this message when you are double-clicking a .jpg files, that means that your system has set Reader as the default application to open that type of file. And as mentioned above, it does not open that file type.

You can reset your file associations to use whatever you want to open jog files. So, if this is the case, let us know your OS and we can give you instructions for setting that properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get someone to help me fix this problem? I can't open my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows 10, when I download Adobe Reader will not open my jpg pictures.  I have downloaded several times and uninstalled because I need to use my pictures to make posters.

I need to know how to change it from taking over my computer.  My OS is Windows 10.  Can you please let me know before I download again.

The change you mentionied above, is it easy to do or what.  Please tell me in steps etc step 1 . etc.  Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This one fixes it. Super Easy. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my os is mac os

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on my laptop with windows7 (I think) the one before 10 anyway , every time I try to download my googles photos to Gimp or Paint.net Google try to download them to Acrobat reader but it doesn't work because it's a JPG file and not a JPG file. So how do I fix that.? Oh Yeah! if I download 1 picture at a time it goes to Paint but if I want to download many pictures it goes to Adobe/ Crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you need to update your default application to open JPEG files with an appropriate program instead of Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up Paint.net as the default and it still does the same thing. I would really like if someone helps me with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some software glitch did, but it is easy to correct it. I had the same problem for several weeks. Here is what I did: I right-clicked on the image thumbnail. Then I clicked on “Open with”. Don’t click on the intended editing or viewing program on this list yet. Just click on “Choose another app”. This will open a dialog box with a list of programs including your favorite. At the bottom of the dialog box check the box “Always use this app to open jpg files”. then hit “OK”. This will do the trick for all you changed jpg files.
Note: Your pdf files WILL NOT BE AFFECTED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines