Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Blank Error Message

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from this link: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Once I've successfully installed and launched the Adobe Reader, it shows blank error message and blank message on its features except for its menu. However, I'm unable to access 'Edit > Preference' as well. As shown below is the display of my Adobe Acrobat Reader.

I tried 1) Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, 2) Repair Installation 3) Check for Updates. It does not work at all!

I hope there's alternative options that will be able to fix this issue.

[mod: moved to Acrobat Reader forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Hi Mizah22,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am guessing this might be related to fonts. Please check the suggestions from this link Blank dialog boxes and missing text from Acrobat interface and let us know if that helps any.

Also, to go to Preference, you can try keyboard shortcut = Ctrl + K.

Let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mizah22,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am guessing this might be related to fonts. Please check the suggestions from this link Blank dialog boxes and missing text from Acrobat interface and let us know if that helps any.

Also, to go to Preference, you can try keyboard shortcut = Ctrl + K.

Let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help! It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the confirmation. Happy to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there Tariq, I think I have the same for my MacBook, do you have an idiots guide for apple users???

My screen looks like this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neils,

I would request you to uninstall Adobe Reader from your machine using Cleaner Tool: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs Once the uninstallation is done, restart your machine.

And try to re-install Adobe Reader DC Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Let me know how it works for you.

-Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2021 and this issue persists with all the apps. I cannot get ahy app to work and when I close the dialog box it closes the app anyway.

It's on my work account and no access to support as it says to contact my IT guys for help but even they don't know what's happening.

Capture_2.JPG

Capture._2JPG.JPG

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines