• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Installation complete (failed)

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Windows 10 fresh, ran windows updates and driver updates. Download Adobe Reader DC from Adobe’s site and the installer at the end says “Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Installation complete” but has a red “x” icon next to the completed status bar instead of a green checkmark. No error message or anything of value that might help me determine what the problem is.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erik!

Please try closing the window and check if you get the application installed and open it.

If not, try to run the cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html) and reboot the machine.

Then install Acrobat Reader DC from the following page: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Could you please share the error screenshot and confirm if Reader is actually installed on the machine or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_0756.jpg

 This was the error message. Super not helpful!

I ended up getting it installed by using the full installer intended for IT or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with OP here.

I get exact same error as screenshot above with current online installer

Also, I used to use the mentioned enterprise link to download the offline installer, but now there is no longer the 64bit version available, only the 32bit one. And I use the 64bit build.

This issue has at least a couple of days.

Seriously, what's wrong with you, Adobe employees? Did you suddenly discontinued the 64bit builds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On enterprise link (https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise ) , to get 64-bit Reader please select "All Languages" in step 2 dropdown. You can also get 64-bit Reader from https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

It would be helpful for us to debug this issue, if you could share following file from your machine

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs

Thanks 

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines