Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC issue with saving Outlook as default email client

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader on my Windows 10 pc, and I use Outlook 2016

When I open a PDF file and click on the Email icon on the top, I then click on attachments and then it already has selected Outlook as email client and then finally it opens new email showing the pdf attachment.

My question is, is there anyway to make emailing a pdf file faster without each time selecting outlook as email client to use?

I did check in Preferences-Email that Outlook was already selected as default email client

This issue started with updating to this newest version of Adobe reader, I did not have this issue on the previous version of Adobe Acrobat reader. Thanks

Furqan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Hello Furqan!

With the Acrobat and Acrobat Reader DC October 2018 release (19.008.20071), we have introduced a Unified Sharing experience that allows you to easily invite people for collaborating on documents across desktop, mobile, and web.

However, if you wish to change the UI for the email attachment, you may refer to the help article to use registry settings How to use the email icon to directly send file as attachment

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Furqan!

With the Acrobat and Acrobat Reader DC October 2018 release (19.008.20071), we have introduced a Unified Sharing experience that allows you to easily invite people for collaborating on documents across desktop, mobile, and web.

However, if you wish to change the UI for the email attachment, you may refer to the help article to use registry settings How to use the email icon to directly send file as attachment

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anand,  I will try the Windows registry fix to make outlook permanent email client in Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue- all of a sudden. I cannot use my OUTLOOK program to send pdf. It was working just fine, i guess until the latest windows update. I want to send pdf using my outlook program. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

yes the Windows registry fix resolved the issue with setting outlook as default mail client in Acrobat Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future.

Thanks!

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines