• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Preview fills RAM

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to preview the pages on PDFs it constantly fills up my RAM, up to the point where i cannot load any pages.

On older Versions it does not happen.

Adobe Version: DC 2021.007.20091

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi All

The optional update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader version 21.07.2009x is now available addressing the issue.

Please update the application from the help menu and reboot the computer once and let us know if you experience any trouble.

For detailed information about the bug fixes and how to update, please see the help article https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, when you try to preview the pages on PDFs it constantly fills up the RAM and you can not load more pages.

Please go to Edit (Win) , Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display > Under Rendering, uncheck 'Use page cache' > Click OK and reboot the computer once and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amal,

Thanks for the response. I did try that but unfortunately it does not solve the problem. There is no noticable difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

- Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing to preview the PDF pages?
- Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download it to your computer first and try again.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problems with any different pdf files....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix works, THX from Hamburg :-))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open any PDF on my local machine. Then i open the sidebar on the left side and click on the PDF Thumbnails. When I browse the pages there i can see the RAM filling up endlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem since a week or two. It's a task that I've performed hundreds of times over the last couple of years and now it suddenly doesn't work: I open a scanned pdf file (typically 100-200 pages, 40-70 MB), expand the thumbnail preview to verify that all pages are there, remove the PDF/A protection, save and close the file. I can do two files, when I open the third file I always get the "our of memory" message and the program freezes. Before, I could dozens of files in a row and never had the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

The issue is reported to our engineering team and they are working on it to find the fix. We will share the update once we will hear anything from them.

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

The optional update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader version 21.07.2009x is now available addressing the issue.

Please update the application from the help menu and reboot the computer once and let us know if you experience any trouble.

For detailed information about the bug fixes and how to update, please see the help article https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the quick fix! Now everything works normally again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines