• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC search/find functionality (Crtr F) does not work anymore [LOCKED]

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This thread is locked. Please start a new thread if you have a similar issue.]

Since some days Adobe does not find any word in the docoment. Even if I copy(Ctr F + Crt F) a word in the search windows. I receive allways the message. Document searched, no hits.

What I can do?

Betriebssystemhersteller: Microsoft Corporation
Betriebssystemname: Microsoft Windows 10
Betriebssystemversion: 10.0.19041
BIOS-Version: LENOVO - 1190
Gebietsschema: Deutsch (Schweiz)

Installierte Acrobat-Version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
Version: 21.1.20155.433178
Erstellungsdatum: 2021/04/27

Adobe findet nicht.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Meanwhile I found a work around. I installed Pdf XChange Editor from Tracker Software.With this software I have no problem. Therefor I believe that it is not a problem of my documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can you see when you copy text from the PDF file and paste it in Notepad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a notepad a special computer or an app for you? I can definitely copy the text from the pdf document into Word, for example, and search it there using the corresponding function. I can also find the words there. But I normally expect a reader to spare me this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hansueli5C41 

Check the Gear in the upper right. Uncheck Whole Words Only and Case Sensitive if they are checked. Let us know if that fixes it.

jane-e_0-1620751366175.png

Notepad is included with Windows and is a simple text editor.

"Adobe Acrobat Reader DC search/find functionality (Crtr F) does not work anymore"

I'll move this from Acrobat to Acrobat Reader for you.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is already deactivated. But again I was searching for the name Blair in the text and I entered Blair in the search.And the system told me no hit. Capitalisation or whole words should not matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I was trying to think of any possible reason.

• Does it find other words in this document?
  • Was OCR used to convert this from an image to text?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile I found a work around. I installed Pdf XChange Editor from Tracker Software.With this software I have no problem. Therefor I believe that it is not a problem of my documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Hansueli5C41 

I've marked your answer "correct" since you found a solution that works for you.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you shouldnt have. this should be a simple fix for adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sabdzine wrote:

you shouldnt have. this should be a simple fix for adobe

The typical reasons for Find not working are discussed in this thread and are not things that need "fixing". The OP found a solution. If that solution does not work for you, you have two choices:

• Start a new thread with details of your issue. Attach or link to the PDF so we can look at it.
  • If you think the issue is a "simple fix" for Adobe, post a bug report to UserVoice so the engineers will see it. They will not see it in this forum. Here's the link (scroll down):
    https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines