• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Suddenly Not Opening

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on MAC Sierra 10.12.5 and just since yesterday, for some crazy reason, I am unable to open/view any PDFs on Reader or even see the Adobe Reader window open.  I can see it in the tray below, so it appears to be open, but there are no windows on my desktop.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  Any tips?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

I've seen this a lot recently. Before trying anything crazy, while adobe is "open" go to window>zoom. Change some of the window settings. Its likely that Abobe is just out of frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not working for me any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AndreaL what happens when you choose Tile from the Window menu, and what exact version of Reader do you have, on what system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem in Windows 10 that started today. I do get an error message:-

Windows cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe make sure you've typed the name correctly.

The file is there, the spelling is OK, I've tried starting from there with the same result. Compatibility mode in 8 or 7 doesn't work either. I've uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled, no effect. Ditto cascading windows, etc.

I use AVG and do get a message saying that Acrobat REader had woken up but there's nothing on screen anywhere.

Any ideas or do I revert to the Google reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After posting, I thought I'd try restoring to an earlier date as there had
been a lot of drive light flashing before Acrobat reader stopped working,
suggesting a windows update might have caused the problem. Whilst AVG
prevented a full restore the sorting out that did happen cured the problem
and did remove the latest windows update. Windows has updated again now and
all is still well.

Just in case it helps others.

Alan.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going crazy with this today after trying to launch Acrobat DC for the first time after setting up my new 2020 iMac. Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. opened with no problem, but for some reason Acrobat would not launch. (It was NOT that is was off-screen as some have found; the little dot under open applications in the dock was not there, so the application was NOT open.) I poked around in my files...tried an Uninstall app there; tried removing preference files...nothing. Finally, I tried Uninstall in the Creative Cloud list of Adobe applications, and then Install, and that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with a Windows 11 computer (64 bit). Suddenly Acrobat Reader can't open in Protected Mode because it is "Incompatible with Windows Configuration" It can't open with Protected Mode Disabled either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines