• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC won't let me save or export PDF?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to upload a transcript I downloaded from a link sent to me by my university to an online application. I downloaded the free trial of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. However, when the transcript is open in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, the save button is grayed out, when I go to "file-->save as" it says that only a blank copy of the form can be saved, and when I select "Export PDF" or "Create PDF" on the right-hand side, it says that the file's security settings do not allow it. I know that I am doing something wrong on my end, as people use this method to save and upload transcripts all the time, but I don't know what. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

- There's no trial version for Reader. It's a free application.

- I'm not sure you're doing anything wrong. It sounds like a security policy has been applied to the file that prevents what you're trying to do, for some reason. Is there a Submit button on it or something like that? They might expect you to submit it digitally, only.

Otherwise contact the author and ask them what you're supposed to do with it. You certainly can't change how it works in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- There's no trial version for Reader. It's a free application.

- I'm not sure you're doing anything wrong. It sounds like a security policy has been applied to the file that prevents what you're trying to do, for some reason. Is there a Submit button on it or something like that? They might expect you to submit it digitally, only.

Otherwise contact the author and ask them what you're supposed to do with it. You certainly can't change how it works in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution in this video check it out it will help you for sure

https://youtu.be/YcW0d9B1qi0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines