• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need help!  I created a form using Adobe Acrobat 9.  I added a java script in the background to alert the user of any fields that were not filled out, including multiple signature lines.  I tested the form frequently, using Acrobat 9, pro and reader DC, and it worked perfectly.  Now I am getting reports from the users(using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC), that they are getting an error message stating that the signature lines need to be populated when the lines have the signatures inserted already.  I am not Adobe savy, I am just trying to get rid of using paper.  can anyone help?

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask them what application they're using to fill in the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everyone is using the latest version.  This just started after the recent update.  

More info.  when a user types anything in the required box, everything is ok.  This issue only happens when trying to type a signature, draw a signature or insert an image(signature).

I have duplicated the error and even tried to download and install a patch from Adobe, no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you should report it as a bug:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.  I have reported the bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the code, or the actual file, with us? I'm intrigued to see what goes wrong, exactly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bug.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old version of a script I wrote. It does not validate Signature fields, though. I think you're actually using text fields. If their values are not empty they will be considered filled-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked before the latest update to Reader DC, and it works on other sections of the form that require a signature, it is just this one part where it is not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, these are not signature fields. If they were they would have been completely ignored by the script, and would also appear differently. If you could share the file I could look into it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines