• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat reader does not respond to my keyboard

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling for a long time with Adobe Acrobat reader on my i7 laptop with Windows 10 Pro.  When I open password protected documents, Adobe does not respond when I try to key in the password.  Also, when I use "Fill and sign", the fill function does not work, but I can "sign" the document.  I have uninstalled and re-installed many times. 

Please help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, Adobe Acrobat reader does not respond to your keyboard when you open password protected documents.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > ABout Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20155 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Are you on Windows or Mac machine? Please check for any missing/pending updates for OS and try updating it.

Also try to repair the installation (Win Only) and see if that works. Go to Help > Repair Installation and reboot the computer once.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat Preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal.

Thank you for your response!

The keyboard does not respond, even when it is non-password protected documents.

I cannot open keyword protected documents at all, as the keyboard does not respond in keying in the password itself.

The version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC I use is 2021.001.20155  It is apparently the latest version.

This problem is with all pdf documents.

I am on a Windows machine.  The operating system is on the latest version.

I tried the “repair” function a couple of times without success.

I cannot get access to this page:  If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat Preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

Kind regards

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to create a new test user profile in Windows with full admin rights and try using the application there and check. Also would you mind sharing a sampple PDF with us so that we can check it at our end.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

I have created a new test user profile in Windows.  I have the same problem there with all pdf documents.  When I select "Fill and Sign", I can sign, I can insert X and checkmark, also the O and --, but I cannot insert text.  Also, if the pdf document is password protected, I can type any key on the keyboard, it does not recognise anything in the password window.

If I open the same pdf documents on my cell phone, I can add in text without a problem.  So the problem is clearly not with the document.  It does exactly the same with all pdf documents.

Kind regards

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the page up or down function does not work.  I have to use the slide bar on the side to move up and down in the document.

Kind regards

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan

Sorry for the delay in response. Please try to update the application to the new version 21.05.20048 and reboot the conmputer once and see if that works for you.

If it doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link - https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

I have done all you suggested, however, I still have the same problem.

Kind regards

Jan Mocke
[P.I Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same problem.  Can anybody help?

Regards

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that, as you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps with no luck, please check for any missing/pending update for your computer OS and try updating it and check if that helps.

If its a work/company device managed by IT, please get in touh with the IT team at your end for more information.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines