• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader Unable to Connect to My Email Program

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2105 Release (Classic) | Version 2015.006.30482 to create and distribute shared reviews. My operating system is Windows 10 Enterprise.

I am unable to share PDF files via Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Continuous Release | Version 2019.021.20058. After I click the Share button, select Default email application, and then Send, the error message "Adobe Acrobat is unable to connect to your email program" results.

In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2105 Release, my Email Account preference is my Gmail address.  My employer migrated from Microsoft Office and now strictly uses Google Mail. So I am unable to configure Office Outlook, which is not on my computer.

How do I solve this problem? 

Related Post: Publish Comments Button is Not Visible in Adobe Acrobat Reader

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ls_rbls,

Thank you for your commendable persistence, patience, and support.

Here are my sync settings for my Google account:

Google Mail Sync Settings

Google_Manage_Account_Sync.png

Windows Mail Sync Settings for My Google Account

Google_Sync_Settings.png

According to the Adobe website, I've got the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Adobe_Acrobat_Reader_DC_Version.png

I see patches for 19.021.20058 and 19.021.20061, but I was unable to install either of them.

As for updating Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to the latest version, alas, that is beyond my control. To reiterate, my employer is planning to replace Adobe apps with freeware because of the cost of Adobe subscriptions.

Sadly at this stage, it does not seem that I and my colleagues will be able to continue using shared reviews.

Cordially,

Michael Carlisle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, you're welcome.

Happy to help.

If you need further help with open source software  you can message me privately. I'll be glad to continue to assist your organization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody loves a happy ending, and I am thrilled to provide one to this epic conversation and extremely frustrating ordeal.

Again, thank you, ls_rbls, for your dedicated assistance and support.

Thanks to my helpful colleagues (virtuosos all!), who found and shared the solution, I am now able to share (email) PDF files via Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Acrobat Reader DC. The solution? I downloaded and installed the Affixa application. That did the trick!

https://www.affixa.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting!

You're welcome.

Glad to know you got it all working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After reviewing this thread one more time, I ended up finding this:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/index.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ls_rbls,

Thank you for the Preference Reference for Acrobat and Adobe Reader. I am not certain what I would do with the information. But, I am certain that I should not tamper with the Windows registry. Providing me with such info is like giving a chimpanzee a loaded gun: mayhem, pandemonium, and chaos will ensue.

For what it's worth, here is how my Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Reader DC
Originals folders look:

regedit_Acrobat_DC_Originals.pngregedit_Acrobat_Reader_DC_Originals.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just wanted to share this reference guide in case you IT management needs it.

It seems, after all, that maybe modifying the webmail keys to enable  for Gmail would've done the trick.

I haven't tested this on my end. So I am just sharing for a future reference in case the affixa software breaks loose in the future.

It would be interesting how these registry settings were set to before the affixa software was applied, and after it was installed.

See slides:

20200122_021616.jpg

20200122_021807.jpg

Screenshot_20200122-021948.jpg

Screenshot_20200122-022004.jpg

Screenshot_20200122-022120.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ls_rbls,

I forwarded it to the IT department that supports me. I have been informed that IT has strict orders to not fiddle with the Windows Registry.

Thank you anyway for the genuinely appreciated information.

Cordially,

Michael Carlisle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this issue everywher, this is one of the primary reasons I am paying for adobe. I have G-Suite. Every other App I subscribed to has ZERO problem, but Adfobe cannot access my contacts or email anything. I am close to canceling and trying something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for updating the thread.

Have you also gathered Microsoft feedback on this issue to see if they are tracking for a possible solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since this thread has a lot of information, I decided to make my own post and describe the process. Which will probably explain why pretty much nothing so far posted did not work.

AR can create an email by 2 ways: by MAPI protocol, and by Webmail.

In order to use MAPI, you need Outlook application working with Exchange Server. MAPI is very old mail protocol and modern mail applications don't support it.

This leaves Webmail; the problem with webmail is that today pretty much all mail providers are using MFA, where logon has to be confirmed on another device. As a workaround, these providers usually offer so called "app password" the user can generate. You have to open your account on mail provider's website, find "app password" page, and generate the password. Once generated, the webpage shows the password to you only once - make sure to save it. You won't be able to retrieve it later.

This is the password you have to specify in Adobe Reader when you configure this webmail provider - not your "regular" password. Take all other settings - IMAP and SMTP server addresses, ports, and encryption - from your mail provider, usually each provider has some Help page listing them.

Once this is configured in AR, the way it should work is as follows: when you send the email as attachment from AR and select just-configured email provider, AR should create new email in Drafts folder of your mailbox with that provider. So after you sent, you have to go to your mail, go to Drafts, find just-created email with the attachment, which will have empty recipient so far; specify the recipient, add any text if needed, and send.

Unfortunately, all this is not working at all as of now. It did work several versions ago, but then, about a year ago, the next version broke it and it no longer works for any mail provider other than GMail. I posted about this problem in a separate thread on this forum, sent extensive diagnostic information to Adobe, but it's still not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines