• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe crashes left and right.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need some advise on getting Adobe to stop crashing, we have isntalled Adobe reader on a remote desktop server, running windows server 2019, we have entered the registry keys to have user profiles have seperate licenses per user profiles, and there are 2-3 users that have a Adobe creative cloud account t hey use to login, but once they  do so, it renders Adobe reader useless for the rest of the users on the server, is there any documentation or any insight on how to use Adobe reader on the same remote desktop server?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i in no way marked your answer as correct, it in  zero way assist me in resolving the issue. The issue in question is adobe reader was updated to full acrobat without an admin user doing so, and then we cannot use reader on this system due to that, resulting in using 3rd party products instead, so fine, you don't want us to use your product, that's fine, but we used to be able to install reader and acrobat along side each other. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jwspeicher wrote:

i in no way marked your answer as correct, it in  zero way assist me in resolving the issue. The issue in question is adobe reader was updated to full acrobat without an admin user doing so, and then we cannot use reader on this system due to that, resulting in using 3rd party products instead, so fine, you don't want us to use your product, that's fine, but we used to be able to install reader and acrobat along side each other. 

Hi 

I have no idea who marked my answer correct, but I have just now unmarked it as per your request. You might have it in your notifications (bell in upper right).

I have read posts in this forum that say you can't have both Acrobat and Reader installed on the same system, but I have had both installed for more years than I can remember without an issue. It's not my product, though, as I do not work for Adobe. I'm a volunteer who has been using Acrobat since version 2.

Tagging employees @AnandSri and @Amal. to assist.

~ Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks, yes thanks for your response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that and the delay in response. Please confirm if the application is crashing? Also, are you installing Acrobat Reader 32 bit? If yes, then if the user having CC or Acrobat subscription login , it will convert Acrobat Reader into Acrobat Pro DC application as per the design behavior.

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines