Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe crashing upon opening PDF

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have a reproducable error when trying to open PDFson Adobe XI.  The PDF will load but about 10 seconds later will immediately crash.  Thie happens 100% of the time.

I followed the instructions to create a dmp file and am looking for a place to uploaded it to as well as the PDF itself for review.

This only happens on our Windows 10 Dell 5070 thin clients.  Regular Windows 10 systems work fine.

Please let me know any additional information I need to provide?

Thank you,

Brian

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the Adobe Acrobat XI is crashing on opening the PDF file.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat XI you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as describe din the help page - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check

Note: Adobe Acrobat XI is an old and EOL application for more information please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  It shows at 11.0.0.  However, I tried updating to the latest version today of DC Reader from your website and I got the same results.  I will try the preference reset.  I created a dmp file.  Is there any utility I can use to look at what the data is captured or upload it somewhere for someone to look at (if I create it with the latest supported version)?

Thank you,
Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat XI is an old and unsupported version, and is getting less and less compatible with Windows 10 with each new update of the latter. To increase the chances of it to work properly make sure you have all updates installed (up to 11.0.23) and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7.

Updates are available here:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/11.x/
You must use a dedicated FTP client to open the link, it won't work in most browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing I just noticed that I didn't before is if I just launch the application and not even attempt to open a PDF file then it will crash.  So it doesn't appear to be specific to opening a PDF file.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines