• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DC Reader on terminal server cannot use any share buttons, blank box appears

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we use any of the share buttons at the top right of the screen we get a blank box pops up and nothing happens, the butons affected are the "share this link as a file", "Send file as email" and "Share with others". This happens for all users.

I have reset the preferences by moving the appdata\adobe\DC folder and also the registry key then relaunching adobe reader which recreates new folders/regkeys but the problem persists.

I did uninstall and reinstall Adobe DC and it worked on the very first time we opened the application, but then instantly stopped working.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reproting this and sorry for the trouble.

Could you please share the screenshot of what exactly happens?

Share the Application and OS version currently in use.

It would be helpful if you can share a small video of the issue occuring at your end. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for your response. 

Here is what happens, when we click the envelope in the top right handside we just get this balnk box

peterh28210682_0-1632837479198.png

We have the latest version of Adobe Reader DC Version 2021.007.20091

And the operating system is Server 2016 1607 Build 14393.4530

Update from my original post

Interestingly this issue is only happening for 1 user, we have 20 other users using the same terminal server and they are able to use the share buttons no problem at all......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @peterh28210682 ,

We have identified few issues, fixed them and released a patch.

I would appreciate if your team applies latest patch via "Check for updates" from "Help" menu in Reader(or Acrobat) and update us if it fixes your issue.

If your issue is not fixed, feel free to reach out to me directly at susoni@adobe.com for debugging session.

-Regards

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no updates available...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, sorry for the inconveniance,

I have the same exact problem for some user using TSE. Try to update the installation but here is the message 

defaulttht5wkkhjyzg_0-1633514357845.png

We also have noted down, that this is not all of our users, it's maybe 25% who have that problem.

Do you have any KB to give us to update by hand ? 

Thanks for your reply.

defaulttht5wkkhjyzg_1-1633514560709.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines