• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe not working on macOS Majave

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Air with macOS Majave v. 10.14.2 and Adobe Reader DC v. 2019.010.20064.  While I am able to open Adobe, I cannot view, see, or use any of the Adobe pdf files.  This applies when I open Adobe first and search for a file and when I click directly on the file to open from my desktop.  I have un-installed and re-installed twice now.  Need assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Hello Kk4fpk,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, please reboot the machine once and then try opening few PDF files in Adobe Reader from Window -> Cascade -> Tile and see if that brings up the PDFs.

Are you not able to view all the PDF files or is it specific to one PDF file?

You may also refer and try the suggestion from the help article Can't open PDF

Please navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>and disable 'Enable Protected Mode at startup' and 'Enable

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to open a file. If you see no file, but you still see the Reader app running, try Window > Tile > Horizontal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the .pdf file and I can see the Adobe application.  When I click on either of those, the application launches, but without the file.  See video posted on my Twitter: Jeremy Abbott on Twitter: "My @Adobe Reader is not working on my @Apple MacBook OS Majave. Need help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kk4fpk,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, please reboot the machine once and then try opening few PDF files in Adobe Reader from Window -> Cascade -> Tile and see if that brings up the PDFs.

Are you not able to view all the PDF files or is it specific to one PDF file?

You may also refer and try the suggestion from the help article Can't open PDF

Please navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>and disable 'Enable Protected Mode at startup' and 'Enable Enhanced Security'>Click OK>restart the application and check.

Note: Disabling Protected Mode and Enhanced Security is only for testing purpose, please enable it back.

You mentioned that you reinstall Adobe Reader twice, did you use Acrobat Cleaner tool to uninstall Adobe Reader? If not, please use Acrobat cleaner tool once to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Cleaner did the trick.  Thanks much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completed an uninstall using adobe uninstall tool in launchpad. Rebooted. Reinstalled and it works fine now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem! Any updates on troubleshooting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a very simple thing to try in my reply, so try that first, before getting into the deep clean other people used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines