• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe RdrCEF has stopped working - Server

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a clients server and the users RDP onto the server. When they open a PDF file, adobe acrobatic reader DC comes with an message which is now not letting them print or save, this happening the majority of the users. The server recently had a virus and I dont want to do anything major to it just in case the server goes down again. 

What would be the best solution to get rid of this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Hi lesliek17660528,

Could you please try once to restart your server. Check if that resolves the issue.

Also, try Repairing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Go to Help menu > Repair installation.

Let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with concareiti81741037 on this one.

Why were we being told 13 days later that you were still working on. We have rebooted, we have done a reapir, we have done a full reinstall but we still get the same error. Just when people open PDF's sometimes it will just appear that its crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi concareiti81741037​, alastairs44841270

The plan for another update has been put on hold as the problem has been mitigated for vast majority of the users already. That said, please be assured that we will work with you on priority to resolve the issues still being seen at your end.

Sunil and I are on the same team, and he will be sending you a direct message shortly to take this further.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent direct message to the effected users.

-Thanks

Sunil Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reboot, repair or reinstall does not work. It might work for a few minutes but then the same error message comes back multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeremy for trying the workaround, kindly share the memory dump as discussed in direct message.

-Sunil Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also have a customer with this problem. Server 2012R2 with Remote Desktop Services. It only affects two of the users and both of them use Mac OS X with Microsofts RDP client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anything further happened with this case? Have you received the memory dump? We have had this problem with a customer for the last couple of weeks and it's getting very problematic for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Niklasa68317050,

We haven't received any crash dump yet and still waiting for the same.

We need your help to diagnosis the issue. Please enable the automatic crash dump generation setting using Shared Files - Acrobat.com and Share the dump file with us.

For any further query, drop me a message on susoni@adobe.com

-Thanks

Sunil Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I might as well step in. I have the very same problem on a terminal server with one of our customers.

I can provide said dumpfile(s).

Where do you want me to upload these files? I don't think I can just send them to you by mail, as the first file is already 160MB in size

Could you or one of your colleagues reach out to me about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a personal message, Kindly respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ExAtWork,

Glad that issue got resolved and thanks for your consistent availability during investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem try to open or print a pdf and screen freezes what do we do to fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really need to get this patched. I have multiple users complaining of this same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Whether adobe update was released already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any movement on this issue?

I am also experiencing this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dfish4554,

Please confirm if repair application and restarting machine resolves the issue.

If not,

We need your help to diagnosis the issue. Please enable the automatic crash dump generation setting using Shared Files - Acrobat.com and Share the dump file with us.

-Thanks

Sunil Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me instructions for uploading crash dumps.

This issue also affects acrobat.exe ( 2015 ) and acrord32.exe ( DC ), along with the RdrCEF.exe and AcroCEF.exe that go with these products.

Restarting Server doesn't permanently resolve.

Repairing installation doesn't permanently resolve.

Issues re-occur and it is only with the lastest updates of these products.

Can you share the remedy for previous users that have uploaded crash dumps?  Is it third-party related, such as Anti-Virus products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have this happening on a Windows 7 PC that is not associated with a Terminal Server. Any updates on a fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why marked as answered when it isn't resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines