Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe RdrCEF has stopped working

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Server 2012 R2 RDS server running adobe reader DC 2021.011.20039

As of this update users are randomly getting an error message. see attached.

I have done a repair install. Uninstall/Reinstall, disable cloud drive preference, renamed RdrCEF.exe to RdrCEF_OLD.exe adn RdrCEFServicesUpdater.exe to _Old.exe as well.  Still occurring.  I found a thread from 2017 where this same error was occuring.  Tried the above solutions and nada.  Will try downloading an older verison in the mean time.  But any ideas?

adobe error.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have no solution, but the same problem.

Server 2012 R2 RDS current Adobe Reader DC Version.

Adobe puts out the attached error. You can confirm it and continue.

We tried a repair, deinstallation and new installation. Error message occurs again.

We have the message a plugin error in a third party software or native open a pdf with adobe reader dc and while we close the app, the error occurs. Any ideas? Thx in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same Issue since upgrading to 2021.011.20039, wasn't seeing this issue before - Adobe is this going to be fixed in the next update? Thanks Tried reinstall\repair etc, no option but to downgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same issue on Server 2012 Version 6.2 (Build 9200).

I followed the advice from the older version issues in 2017 and was unable to resolve.

I've restarted the server, uninstalled/reinstalled and tried too make sense of the ProcMon thing.

I would like to uninstall and reinstall an older version, but I am unable to find an older version from a reputable source (Adobe).

Any advice would  be geartly appreciated. (Upgrading/modenising the server is not a short term solution)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its not just relating to RDS\Citrix on Server 2012 R2, I am seeing this on server 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019.

You can get downloads of previous versions from:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html 

21.007.20099 version seems okay, but it has a critical vulnerability so Adobe needs to provide a proper solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines