• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader 2020 classic track crashes when printing multiple documents via Windows Explorer

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the following issue:

When I select multiple documents in windows explorer (max 15), rightclick them and then choose Print, Adobe Reader 2020 will start, process the printing of the first document and then close. It will then move on to the next document and so on.... 

The problem is that during the batch printjob Adobe Reader will crash somewhere along the way. Sometimes after 4 documents, sometimes 6, no real pattern. An entry in eventviewer shows an error that Adobe Reader has crashed.

When I start Adobe Reader before I start printing via Explorer, the print jobs are ok. All docs are printed.

Some details:

W10 Pro 1803, 1903, 20H2 (all have the problem)

Adobe Reader 2020 Classic track with latest updates installed.

The PDF files that are being printed are all the same (I copied them multiple times). So no difference in the files.

I have reproduced it on several computers. Issue occurs while printing to a RICOH mfp but also printing to OneNote 2016 (eliminating the printer driver from the mix..?)

Looks like some kind of timing problem, during the printing process.  Looks like the print process that gets cut off, crashing the app.

Any ideas?

Pascal

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pascal

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble and the delay in response.  I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

If the issue still exists, would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader 2020 Classic track.  To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the application updates to the version 20.004.30005 (Latest)

Also check for any missing/pending update for Windows OS and try updating it and reboot the computer and see if that makes any difference.

As mentioned, when you  start Adobe Reader before you start printing via Explorer, the print jobs are OK. All docs are printed. Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

Thanks for your response.

I can confirm that :

- the issue is occuring with the latest Adoeb Reader 2020 version (20.004.30005).

- All OS updates have been installed on W10 20H2. PS: I stopped testing on W10 1803 and 1903 (both Pro versions) as no updates are being released anymore by MS.

I logged on with a fresh admin user (no old preferences) and found that the issue is still occuring.

Thing I also tried, which did not help:

- Switching off Protected Mode and Enhaced Security mode in the preferences

- Adding  the reg key as described in https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/latest-upgrade-of-acrobat-pro-makes-internet-explorer-crash/m...

Any more suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Pascal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines