• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader closes 10 seconds after opening

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please advise a fix for this issue? When I open a pdf file with adobe reader, it opens for about 10 seconds and then closes.

I have googled fixes and the one that seems to fix most is to locate the Eula files and install a certificate but this doesn't work in my case.

I have done a full removal and uses the adobe clean-up tool to ensure all traces are gone, then done a new download and reinstall, but this also has not fixed the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi duncanr24765694,

Sorry for the delay in response.

After clean uninstall and reinstalling are you getting any error? Let us know the current version of Reader and operating version.

You may try to launching Reader with admin rights. Right click on Reader icon and Choose "Run as Administrator."

In the meantime, you may try enabling Hidden user account assuming you are using windows https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/555910/how-to-enable-the-built-in-administrator-account-in-...  and try to reproduce the issue.

Let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq

Thanks for the suggestions.

The problem appears to have corrected itself without any further changes.

After the clean install, the problem was still there, so I switched my default pdf programme to the windows standard one. After a few days I tried again and it was working properly.

I am assuming some windows or adobe updates sported themselves out as I have no other answer to it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I am happy that your issue is fixed and you are able to use Reader.

Happy to help

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What help did you give. As always these experts have no idea whats going on Just answer questions with obvious questions. Mine is always doing this 10sec drop out so good bye Adobe forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Neill23393911eou8 

Sorry for the trouble, kindly confirm a few more details to understand the issue better.

1. OS name and version?

2. Application version?

Make sure that the app is up to date.

Here is a help document for intermittent crash issues:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines