• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC 2019 closes after a few seconds

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader DC 2019 has started closing after being open for just a few seconds. I've uninstalled, used the cleaner, reinstalled and there is no change. What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Hillsralive,

We're sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, are you on Windows or Mac machine and what is the version?

If you have security software installed(Assuming you are on Windows machine), please disable it for testing purpose and check the functionality of Adobe Reader.

Reboot the machine and if Adobe Reader is not crashing on launch, try disabling the 'protected mode at startup' from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>Click OK, restart the application and check.

Note: Disabling the Protected Mode is only for testing purpose, please enable it back.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand Sri,

Neither solution worked. I disabled the anti-virus software and firewall

and Adobe Reader DC crashed within 17 seconds. I rebooted the machine,

reenabled antivirus and firewall and then opened Adobe Reader DC and

unclicked start-up in protected mode. I closed and reopened the software

and it still closed within 17 seconds.

Next suggestion?

By the way, I could not find a reply button in the online forum page. I

hope you get this email.

Thank you for your assistance,

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jay for sharing the details and sorry for the trouble. Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Note: Sign-in with your Adobe ID and password on Adobe forums and you will be able to see the reply button.

For testing purpose, please create a test user profile with full admin rights and install Adobe Reader and check Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anand,

I'm also experiencing this same problem. I have used the adobe cleanup tool, run CCleaner to get rid of registry entries. Deleted Appdata folders for adobe and used the Distribution installer that you linked to and I am still experiencing this issue as well. I did get the EULA message and was able to accept it okay on the last install but the program still closes whether I have a PDF open or not after about 10 seconds. I have turned off protected mode but that did not help either. I do get this error in Windows event log:

Faulting application name: AcroRd32.exe, version: 19.10.20099.60178, time stamp: 0x5c993e0a

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17763.404, time stamp: 0xe1cce3af

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003c942

Faulting process id: 0x135c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4fc5a2a6d0910

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 6c285fe3-ee60-4584-8e02-9acd08c19985

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bug is not a feature.  is there no patch for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to exact same problem. I have another computer running Windows 7 that does not do this with the same exact version of Adobe Reader. This occurred with the latest update of Reader. I have uninstalled, used the "cleaner", reinstalled, with no success. Start-up in protected mode does not help.

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, until I installed the latest Windows Updates.  Seemed to help for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same problem and the preferences fix didn't work. This is not ideal but the only way I can stop it happening is to turn off the WiFi button on the laptop and then turn back on when finished

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i battled for a while and nothing worked, uninstalled, and reinstalled

finally i went to properties,shortcut, advanced, tick run as administrator, WORKED!

doesnt close anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nabeel and others for sharing, I tried all the above solutions, I am on Win10, legal version, when everything failed, tried Nabeels suggestion too, went to the Desktop icon of Adobe Reader, right click > Properties > Shortcut > Advanced and Ticked on the radio button for run as admin, still getting the same result, please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too right clicked > Properties > Shortcut > Advanced and Ticked on the radio button for run as admin, still getting the same result, please help.

What infuriates me is this problem has apparently been around a long time and we are just ignored!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything, none of them worked. So, if you are in an hurry situation like your work need to be done tomorrow or today. just open the .pdf file by any browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went onto support for this problem.  He opened and updated Creative Cloud - all working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

exactly that! I've been having it since a week, all of a sudden, every pdf would close on me.

Opening/updating creative cloud works! Thanks debbiealston25 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines