• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader DC 21 printing issue

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe reader DC 21 for awhile now.  No new updates.  But today, it is only partially printing the pdf.  I have windows update all installed.  I have ink in my printer and can print other word documents and excel documents.  Its just when I try to print my pdf, it will only print some borders and some text but not all of it.  This has never happened before.  Help!  See attached for example of print.

TOPICS
PDF forms , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For clarity, I have the latest DC version installed.  DC version 21.001.20145

I have never had any trouble printing.  The pdf shows up 100% on my laptop but when I print, it will print partially.  I am using a Windows 10 PC.  I tried sending the pdf file to my work laptop, also a Windows PC.  Work laptop has the same DC version and it can print the entire pdf file.  

So I am not sure what is wrong with the print function on my laptop.  Windows update is up to date.  DC updates are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the PDF is getting print partially on your Windows machine and prints fine on other computer

Please try to reboot the computer once and see if that makes any difference.

Also, please try to print a different document (PDF or MS Word file) and see if its getting printed fine.

If the PDF file is stored on a shared network/drive please download and save it to your computer first and then try to print it as an Image. Open the PDF > Print > Advanced > print as Image and see if that works.

Check for any missing/pending updates for printer driver and firmware and try updating them.

You may also check out the steps provided in the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Reader DC ver 21.  I have rebooted my computer several times.  All documents are saved locally on my computer.  I am able to print MSFT Word Documents and MSFT Excel Sheets.  I can even scan a random document, save it as a pdf file, open with Adobe Reader and print it without a problem. 

It is just the turbo tax file that I save as an output that is giving me problems.  Also bank statements.  I noticed it is anything that you can save as a direct output into pdf that has trouble printing.  

Have you seen this before?  Very strange as I was able to print before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

If I go to advanced and select "print as image" then it will print.  I never had to do this previously with any of my PDF files and was able to print normally using Adobe Reader.  I'm not sure why now when I try to print normally, it will be partial.  Some borders and text will show but a majority of the text will not show.  Something must have happened.  Adobe and Windows updates are up to date.  Printer drivers are up to date.  I got all new ink cartridges.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Reader DC and rebooted laptop many times.  It must be some text incompatible issue with Adobe because Microsoft Wors, PowerPoint and Excel can print normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am sorry for the delay in response. Have you tried to print the PDF as image as suggested earleir?

Also, for testing purposes please try to open the PDF in Web browser (Chrome) and try to print it from there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

On my home laptop, "print as image" will print it.  On my work laptop, I do NOT have to select "print as image".  On my work laptop, it will just print.  

In the past, on my home laptop, I could just print.  I never had to "print as image".  What do you think is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I am sorry foe the delay in response.

On your work laptop go to Print and uncheck 'Print in Greyscale' and then go to Advanced and you will get the option to Print as Image.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines