• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC crashes after 'enabling all features' on protected PDFs

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title states when I launch Adobe Reader it crashes on protected PDFs after enabling all features. I am on version 21.5.20048.43252 of adobe reader DC. If I run it as admin it opens no problem but this is not a feasible solution since we have hundreds of users in our organization. I was able to pinpoint the plugin in particular that is causing it to crash. It is the checkers.api plugin in c:\program files(x86)\adobe\acrobat reader DC\reader\plug_ins. Please note this did not start happening until we updated to the latest reader.

PC specs:

Windows 10 Pro build: 19042.1052

Latest Windows 10 update is 2021-06 so I have the most recent updates

Dell Latitude 5400

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @darren0D44 

Hope you are doing well!

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Acrobat Reader. Are you experiencing this crash issue with all the PDFs or is it specific to protected PDFs only?

Try disabling the "Protected Mode at startup" & "Protected View"  and see if the app is still crashing. Make sure you restart the app after disabling the preferences. 

Note: Disabling these preferences are only for testing purposes, please enable it back after the test.

If the app is still crashing, please collect the crash logs by reproducing the issue and share the logs with us for further investigation.

Download the Crash log collector tool. Run it, save the log files and share it with us.

Also, would it be possible to share some sample files so that we can try replicating the issue at our end?

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines