• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader DC keeps crashing as I am writing comments

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I need some help. Whenever I need to do some comments on my PDF Adobe reader DC freezes and then I get an error message saying that there's a problem and the program has to close. It always happens when I start using the commenting tools but especially if I need to open the properties of these tools to change a color on a highlight or something like that. It's also very sluggish once I open the comment tool. Can anyone help me out I have to use this tool frequently in class to write notes on the handouts highlight sections in my textbooks and it really slows me down.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

I think it is resolved. Hope I don't jinks myself but it hasn't happened yet so far. I noticed it mainly happens with the largest files I have which are over 100 MG like some of my textbooks so that may be a factor in play.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BellaKara,

Can you confirm the exact version of Adobe Reader DC you are working on? You can check the same Acrobat Reader DC>Help>About Acrobat Reader 

Also, Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. You may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Or refer to- Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Hope this helps,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  have the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version: 2018.009.20044. I downloaded the update and will se how it works out. Then check back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BellaKara,

Let us know if the issue is still unresolved or you are still looking for the resolution.

If you have managed to find the solution then please help us with your findings.

-Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is resolved. Hope I don't jinks myself but it hasn't happened yet so far. I noticed it mainly happens with the largest files I have which are over 100 MG like some of my textbooks so that may be a factor in play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!

Thanks for your quick update.

Let us know if there is any further assistance is required.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem persists on May 17, 2020. I just checked and apparently I'm using the most up to date version: 2020.009.20063.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still happening. When I right click during commenting on a document, the program will randomly crash out of all PDF files open and I cannot recover comments made since last saves. This has started happening since the newest update when the right click context menu was changed. It is a random time when this happens, but it does not ever fail to happen when I right click during my commenting on documents.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (64-bit)

Version 21.007.20099.64763

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines