Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader DC no EN releases outdated

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

on behalf of my customer I was in the process of downloading your product  "Acrobat reader DC" and I have found following.

When I go to https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ end select Czech language I am presented with version "2019.008.20071" when I select EN I got "2021.001.20145". it seams that for some reason you have stop to update non EN languages.

here are pictures:

EN

Tomas5C15_1-1617103519086.png

CZ:

Tomas5C15_2-1617103555586.png

As you can see it is now not possible to download updated package for Enterprise deployment nor for regular web installation. For some reason you are virtualy forcing your felow users which want to have your product in their native language to use English ONLY or look for alternatisves 😞

Could you please update your portals with latest versions.

kind regards

Tomas

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what Adobe are doing, but is it possible for you to just apply the 2021.001.20145 patch in the usual way? https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe4...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Test Screen Name,

I know that I can apply MSP for installed product but by doing so the overal package for installation would be quite BIG routhly 500MB+ and not that much polite to OSD deployment especialy when we are speaking about enterprise grade deployment.

I do hope that Adobe will fix their portal so all of the product language versions are in line with english release.

kind regards

Tomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I did not think Adobe made regular releases of the full installer. I thought that they only made a very old version, and all the patches. Part of the task of enterprise installation, I thought, was to transform the original installer with the patch to make a single updated installation if needed. As described in the Acrobat Enterprise Deployment Toolkit. If someone has different news I would be happy to hear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well they do.

the problem we are facing now that even regular instalators from web (single computer) are oudated as well if you chose diferent lnguage than EN 😞

https://get2.adobe.com/reader/otherversions

just tested on my home device and I have got OLD version from the WEB 😕 (online installer)

I can try to inject NEW MSP file to enterprise instalator and see if the language will be preserverd.

kind regards

Tomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For normal downloads, I think this has always been the case. Normal users must have web access, so the first thing that happens is the auto update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have implemented another means to deploz application properly but it would be great is Adobe fixed their portal at least on major level release.

Thanks for help 🙂

kind rehards

Tomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines