Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Error 10:10 (IE 11)

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have about 250 machines on our domain and starting a few days ago, my users cannot open a PDF within Internet Explorer. Trying to do so gives the following: 

"There is a problem with Adobe Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (10:10)"

Of course manually killing any Adobe process does not work. I have tried disabling enhanced security as well as Protected Mode at Startup, which has corrected these errors in the past. However, my only solution for now has been to disable the Adobe Reader add-on for Inter Explorer 11. When this is disabled, it prompts the user to either open or save the document, which works fine. 

However, the PDF should be able to open in the browser as it's expected. I'm hoping someone can offer some insight because I have tried every solution Google has brought me to. 

Thanks, in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you all are doing well.

The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality. 

To know more about the latest update, you can refer to this article: 21.005.20054 Optional update, June 23, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC (version 21.005.20054) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version from this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2021.html#dccontinuousjunehotfixtwentytwentyone 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Hi,

Hope you are doing well and am sorry for the trouble you had. Please install the latest update of Acrobat & Reader 21.007.20091 Planned update, Sept 14, 2021 app and see if you still experience this issue.

Update the app from the help menu>select check for updates, install the latest patch and reboot the app and machine if possible.

To know more about the latest release, please see: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - September' 21 update is now available!

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

An

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 118 Replies 118
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allister!

Thank you for reporting this and sorry for the trouble. 

Please share the following information for further investigation:

1. Acrobat Reader version

2. OS version on the machine

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, Meenakshi. I hope you're able to help us out. To your questions:

1. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2021.005.20048
  2. Windows 10 - Version 2004 (19041.508)

Please let me know what other information you may need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issue. It started last night and I am seeing it on multiple PC's. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the latest Adobe, but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it's not just us that had it happen out of the blue. No updates or anything were pushed out. 

Please let me know if you find a solution. I'm going to go through the suggestions Meenakshi provided and see if I make any headway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the information.

Please share these logs so that we can check and assist you further.

Create the highlighted path if not present.

• [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\20.0\BrowserLogging]
    "bEnableBrowserLogging"=dword:00000001
  • [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\21.0\BrowserLogging]
  • [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\20.0\BrowserLogging]
  • [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\21.0\BrowserLogging]

Note: Please just check before sending the logs that "CAcroAXDocShim" is present in the logs

Download debugview.exe from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb896647.aspx 

1. Run DebugView, keep it open.
  2. Go to DebugView→ Options→ Check "Clock Time" and "Show milliseconds".
  3. Clear Debug View logs using "Edit-> Clear Display" or CTRL+X
  4. Open PDF in IE(or web app) using current workflow till the customer gets the error. Please note the time(PC time) you get error/hang/crash and mention it while providing logs.
  5. Exit IE/Web app.
  6. Save logs in DebugView. (Use save as, because DebugView sometimes overwrites the logs)
  7. Exit DebugView.
  8. Send the logs.
  9. Run browserloggingremove.reg to remove registry entries.
    Please share the above logs so that we can test and share the analysis.

It would be helpful if you can share your contact information in a private message with us. If required, we may get in touch with you.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user who is trying to print to a program called CutePDF which uses Adobe inside it as well, it is giving this error also. I made the registry settings like you said and ran the DebugView. Attached is the log. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the logs.

The team is actively looking into this issue and need some more information:

• Can you share ProcMon logs (.pml file) and Debug view logs from the same session?
  • Does reverting to an older version resolve this issue?
  • Enabling Protected mode helps or not?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all these suggestions. At least they are things I haven't seen suggested yet. I will try them and report back, though it may not until the next business day.

Forgive my ignorance, but how would I go about sending a private message with my contact information? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the envelope icon provided at the top right-hand corner of the community to initiate the private message. Check the screenshot below:

MeenakshiNegi_1-1623428657213.png

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is actively looking into this issue and needs some more information. Please share the following information as well once you get a chance:

• Can you share ProcMon logs (.pml file) and Debug view logs from the same session?
  • Does reverting to an older version resolve this issue?
  • Enabling Protected mode helps or not?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this - I also have about 280ish devices with this version of adobe reader that went out as patch as test (as we have a lot more devices). I've disabled the latest update for now.

ver 2021.005.20048

Windows 10 Enterprise 1909

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

The team is looking into this issue. It would be helpful if you can share the information that we have requested above. It will help the team in the further investigation:

I would also request you to share your contact details with us via private message. You may initiate private using the envelope icon provided at the top right corner of the community page. 

We will be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to a couple employees, but not everyone is having the issue.

ver 2021.005.20048

Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 18363.1621

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seem to happen with embedded pdf displaying (IE and other software who uses the same functions to embed) and protected mode OFF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with some users when downloading a PDF file. Message: "There is a problem with Adobe Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (10:10)" but no Acrobat process is running...  Reboot does not solve anything. PDF format is ok (I can open it from the temp folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--
null

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, I still would like to figure out what happened and how to prevent it as it keeps happening to different PCs. With that being said the workaround I found was 

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC
Rename to DC1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me and a few other users, it seems this error is related to the latest update (21.005.20048) and Protected Mode being disabled in Acrobat/Reader. Does enabling/disabling Protected Mode make a difference for your environment?

1) Within Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, select Edit > Preferences...
2) Locate and select Security (Enhanced) under the Categories pane
3) Check Enable Protected Mode at Startup
4) Click OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing this works 

thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

Thank you for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have sent you an email with some information.

Please check your inbox and try the suggestions provided.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi,

I'm also experiencing this issue error since updating Adobe Acrobat DC to 21.005.20048 but only with Protected Mode disabled. I've re-installed with 21.001.20155 and confirmed the error is not present. Would you mind sending an email with the latest information on this issue and/or posting the details here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not receive this email that you mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines