• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Feb release and Citrix ShareFile

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone seen an issue with the latest build of Adobe Reader DC and Citrix ShareFile mapped drives?  I had a client report this issue today, and was able to reproduce in my lab.  Have tested with various versions of Citrix Files including the latest (20.11.19), and Adobe Reader version 2021.001.20135.  Opening a PDF file produces the error "There was an error opening this document. Access is denied." (see screenshot).

Other files in the same drive/folder can be opened fine, and PDFs can be opened with other applications (eg Chrome) fine as well.  I also tested the same build of Adobe Acrobat DC, and it does not produce this error.  Reverting to an earlier build of Adobe Reader resolves the issue.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Found the answer thanks to Adobe support on Twitter!  Disable Proteccted Mode in Security (enhanced) preferences and all good 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC(version 21.001.20138) today.

Please try updating the application to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest version, please refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe.html#dccontinuousfebtwentytwentyoneqfe  

Let us know if that resolves the issue f

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same issue, had to roll back to a previous version and it works again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer thanks to Adobe support on Twitter!  Disable Proteccted Mode in Security (enhanced) preferences and all good 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello can you tell me where to set this option?

I got one screenshot here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untick this option:

Dan996_0-1613132456689.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but i did some tests and found it later on. 

Wasn't sure about the warning message 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried to alernatively use the bottom half of that Security (Enhanced) box within Privileged Locations to allow access to ShareFile stored PDFs by Path or Host?  I have not been successful in adding a desktop path or web URL for our ShareFile account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC(version 21.001.20138) today.

Please try updating the application to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest version, please refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe....  

Let us know if that resolves the issue for you.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Just tested updating to Adobe Acrobat DC 21.001.20138 and can confirm the issue has been resolved, I can open PDF files from my Citrix Files (ShareFile) drive now with Protected Mode enabled.

Thanks, 

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning Meenakshi,

We have seen the reported issue corrected with the new update version ending in .138

Thanks for the quick response from support!

-Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines