Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Issues

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am taking part in a course to where i have to completed an editable pdf document for assigments and send to tutor with updates.

Recently I completed my latest assignment and sent over to the tutor who was able to open as normal and it was showing as editable.

However he saves to my student folder on his system and then tried to open to mark my work and he recieves the below message:

This document enabled extended featuress in Adobe Acrobat Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document.

So all the tutor does is open the docucment from the e-mail and then save as - to the folder required. He hasnt had this before with my document and has also recieved documents from other students without any issues as he normally does.

Now this has not happened before and both of us have not changed anything system wise.

Can someone please advise?

Thank you 🙂

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Laura,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, your tutor is getting the error 'This document enabled extended features in Adobe Acrobat Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document.' when he saves the document from email.

Would you mind sharing the the steps that he is doing to save the file to his computer. Please ask him to download the file to his computer first and then save it to the desired location and see if that helps.

Also, If you have Adobe Acrobat DC please try to make the document Reader enabled. Open the PDF > File > Save As other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable more tool (Include form fill in and Save) and check.

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines