• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader opens document but then this is covered by a popup

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing a report and checking a number of PDFs saved on my laptop.  Everything has been fine.  All of a sudden, a popup covers the document and asks me to sign in.  I do so but it says I am entering the wrong password and it needs to send me a code by text message -- the problem is the number is to an old phone that I have not used for years. There is no place to change the number.

I went to the adobe.com page and checked my account.  I have my correct email, password, and phone number in my account information.

I really need to access these PDFs to finish my report.  Help!  thank you.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @PAB1026 

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, PDF files are not visible when you open it due to pop ups with Adobe Reader, Is that correct?

Open few files with Adobe Reader, go to Window>Cascade>Tile and see if this brings up any PDF file.

You may also uncheck these two options under Edit>Preferences>General:

1. Uncheck Show online Storage when opening files.
  2. Uncheck Show online storage when saving files.

Reboot the machine and launch Adobe Reader and try to open PDF files.

Please check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from Help>Check for updates. Reboot the machine after the installation of updates.

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines