Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Question Licence

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello :-),

I have created a data warehouse for my final thesis and have had reports generated automatically with a few other means. The work itself is practically complete, but I am unsure if I have considered the legal side correctly.
I use Adobe Reader on a terminal solution and on the database server to display the reports. However, now I am unsure if I am allowed to do this based on the user agreement:
"2.3 Server User: This agreement does not permit you install or Use the Software on a server."
At the moment the project is not in productive use. However, this should be used productively soon.
How do you see this? Do I have to license Adobe Reader in this constellation or can I use it like this?

Best greetings,

Maike

TOPICS
Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

When you say "used productively" do you mean you will be making this available to other people? Each person must install their own personal copy of Acrobat Reader on their own computer. Unless you have an enterprise deployment license. With such a license, if you get it, you can install it for people in your company. You CANNOT put it on a server and release it for general use outside your company.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say "used productively" do you mean you will be making this available to other people? Each person must install their own personal copy of Acrobat Reader on their own computer. Unless you have an enterprise deployment license. With such a license, if you get it, you can install it for people in your company. You CANNOT put it on a server and release it for general use outside your company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines