• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader slow opening pdf files

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my Acrobat runs in the background for a while, I open the pdf file will be very slow, it may take more than 20 seconds.

If I close Acrobat and open the pdf file again, it will open very quickly.

I tried reinstalling Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro DC. I have also reinstalled windows10, and this will happen.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jun

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the Acrobat Reader is slow in opening the PDF files.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you try to open? If the PDf is stored on a shared network/drive please download the file to your computer locally and then try to open it and check.

Also make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20145 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

Also please check out the correct answer marked in the similar discussions listed below and see if that works for you.

- https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/long-delay-opening-pdf-documents/m-p/7839631

- https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/opening-and-closing-pdf-is-very-slow/m-p/9924053

Hope this information will help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files are on my computer. When I drag the pdf file to the Acrobat Reader window, it will open immediately. But I double-click the PDF file with the mouse, and it takes more than ten seconds to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to use Process Monitor to analyze why this happens? (From Google Translate)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It all depends on how long you have the PDF file. I saved a sample website to a PDF file and the opening time was less than 1s. It seems to me that it may also depend on the components of the computer and whether your Windows system is very worn out. After all, the program for opening PDF files looks correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines