• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader updates to Adobe Pro seemingly by itself.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an issue where Adobe Reader has been upgrading to Adobe Pro by iself.

This is a Windows Server 2019 computer with RDS. I have installed Reader a few times following https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/install-reader-dc-windows.html

But some time after, usually the next day, Adobe Pro is installed and Reader has been uninstalled.

None of my users have local admin rights on the server so im not sure how this is happening.

If anyone knows why this may be happening please let me know.

TOPICS
Download and install , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Acrobat Reader has many tools which lead to trials of Pro. Perhaps your users are clicking them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader has many tools which lead to trials of Pro. Perhaps your users are clicking them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of my users have admin rights on the machine, so im not sure how that would happen unless the application updater that runs as system is doing it itself after a users has signed in who has a pro licence? Seems the most probably as nothig else looks to be running.

I have got around the issue now by installing reader side by side pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how were you able to install reader side by side pro? THis used to be possible, but i'm finding it difficult to do so now. It's like Adobe doesnt' want users to use their products any longer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a option to prevend this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dunno about Pro version but Adobe has been systematically replacing Reader with Acrobat DC for about a month now.  

Stop auto upgrade from 32 bit reader to 64 bit rea... - Adobe Support Community - 12399955

Acrobat Reader DC migration to 64-bit (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines