• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader won't print. (But problem solved.)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I'm posting this in the hopes that it might help someone else out that may have the same symptom. Last week, my Adobe Reader stopped printing. Nothing I did produced any result. Not hitting the print icon. Not hitting CTRL+P. Not selecting "print" from the drop-down menu. There was no error message. No nothing. It was as if I hadn't clicked anything. I tried repairing the installation, no help. I've rebooted the computer many times over the last couple weeks. Here's what finally fixed it. On a whim, I went to Windows Explorer, right-clicked on the PDF file, and selected "print" from Explorers context menu. Adobe flashed open for a sec, and the document printed. Now, Adobe Reader prints as it always used to do. There must have been some little "glitch" or something going on.

Problem solved. Hope this helps someone else.

Artie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Hi All

We have fixed this issue in the latest version (2023.006.20360) of Acrobat or Reader. Please upgrade Acrobat or Reader to the latest version by following the below steps:

Click on the MENU button in the top left corner > Help > Check for Updates.

Please confirm if the issue is fixed or not at your end after checking the issue on the latest version of Acrobat.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it says "No page was selected to print"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing same as Patrick describes. Clicking  "check for updates"  = pop-up Adobe menu that says "updater is already running" Screenshot included...please advise how to fix.  Running on updated MacOS, Sonoma 14.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem in Sanoma 14.1. Acrobat Pro will not print, and the error message states that I have not selected pages. I cannot reinstall the software because Adobe requires me to repurchase my subscription. Adobe customer service is non-existent. Is there a way to dump Adobe and use an alternative software? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the printer and reinstalled it and it’s now working.

Not sure what Adobe did.

-patrick
pbrkwr@yahoo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Patrick. I tried same, deleting printer/reinstalling, but didn't work. I've also tried another printer - nada - it's definitely an Adobe issue.

ADOBE reps, please respond to what seems a growing issue needing a fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dana333525964x3z,

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

Could you please provide the following information:

1) Has the problem started happening recently, or has it been going on for a while.
2) Is the problem started happening with Sonoma 14.1 and what was the behaviour with previous versions of sonoma like 14.0.
3) What's the exact workflow in which you are facing the issue.
3) What's the version of Acrobat or Reader you are using. You can check it by clicking on  (HELP) TOP LEFT CORNER > ADOBE ACROBAT READER  
4) Is it happening with every PDF files and some set of PDF files. Please share any one of them.
5) It will be great if you can provide a video of the issue that’s happening at your end.
6) Is the issue happening every time, or is it happening intermittently. 

Thanks,
Abhishek Ranjan Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Responded via email but including here as well, in case you don't receive:

1) Has the problem started happening recently, or has it been going on for a while. .  Started 11/2/23, was printing fine 10/27/23.

2) Is the problem started happening with Sonoma 14.1 and what was the behaviour with previous versions of sonoma like 14.0. --
Appears to have started on/around Sonoma 14.1 update – in same week.  No issue prior to this update (printing fine 10/27/23).

3) What's the exact workflow in which you are facing the issue. ---
Open any pdf file, can edit etc. but when go to print receive error messages - screenshots attached in this email in order of occurence.
3) What's the version of Acrobat or Reader you are using. You can check it by clicking on  (HELP) TOP LEFT CORNER > ADOBE ACROBAT READER   ---- this may be part of the problem: 2015.006.30523. No automatic updates for Adobe and no reminders to update. However, I attempted to install latest patch for Mac and received error message 1636. Latest updates would not install, or one immediately prior...see error message in screen shot .
4) Is it happening with every PDF files and some set of PDF files. Please share any one of them. It happens with all/any PDF files. ---Example pdf attached
5) It will be great if you can provide a video of the issue that’s happening at your end. ----My mail server will not allow video of more than a few seconds. Please refer to screen shots provided in order of occurrence.
6) Is the issue happening every time, or is it happening intermittently.--- Every time as of 11/2/23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neal27132755qwvk,

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

Could you please provide the following information:

1) Has the problem started happening recently, or has it been going on for a while.
2) Is the problem started happening with Sonoma 14.1 and what was the behaviour with previous versions of sonoma like 14.0.
3) What's the exact workflow in which you are facing the issue.
3) What's the version of Acrobat or Reader you are using. You can check it by clicking on  (HELP) TOP LEFT CORNER > ADOBE ACROBAT READER  
4) Is it happening with every PDF files and some set of PDF files. Please share any one of them.
5) It will be great if you can provide a video of the issue that’s happening at your end.
6) Is the issue happening every time, or is it happening intermittently. 

Thanks,
Abhishek Ranjan Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks:

Appreciate your efforts.  Have latest updates installed.

File/Print

Opens to file location

If you right click on the document it will immediately print.

However, no optons available to modify what is printing.  In this case I want 3 of the 84 pages that are in the document.  Please advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Right click to print (on the document) on my Mac provides same error message results (attached in thread above). My workaround: redirect print to Mac's "Preview", after you save the pdf file. Only "Preview" software will allow you to print the pdf.

With others having similar issues, appears something went haywire with the new Sonoma 14.1 update maybe...hopefully Adobe folks can confirm/fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat pro you are using? To check the verion go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the version 23.06.20360 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, 

If your message is for me, my response above was that I'm using 2015.006.30523. No automatic updates for Adobe and no reminders to update. However, I attempted to install latest patch for Mac and received error message 1636. Latest updates would not install, or one immediately prior...see error message in screen shot .

Based on these repeated errors, I'm unable to update to 23.06.20360 as you suggested but not sure why it won't update, unless you are requiring a new subscription/repurchase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Acrobat 2015 is an EOL application. For more info. please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-2015-reader-2015.html

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had reinstalled Acrobat and it worked great until today.  Same issue. No document loaded. I have the latest Apple IOS 14.1.1, i have the latest Adobe installed. 2023.006.20380 and i'm no longer able to print on any printer.  again.

Patrick33319333rznd_0-1700920757502.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you have the latest version of the application, please try to reboot the application once and see if that works.

If it doesn't work, please collect the print logs as described below for further investigation:

1. Place the plist file com.adobe.Acrobat.FeatureState.plist at location /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/Trunk/Preferences

2. Execute the print workflow

3. Logs will be generated at a location similar to /var/folders/t9/93cz_sz9075d4nl5hqrlc6n00000gn/T.

4. The temp folder where the logs are generated is different for different users which is common only upto /var/folders.

5. To get the exact path of the file use the following command on terminal “ sudo find / -name AcrobatPrintLogs.txt “

6. once you get the complete path eg like /private/var/folders/jk/vgtyw__s2dsdphtygd_0jslr0000gn/T/AcrobatPrintLogs.txt

7. just add cat as follows cat /private/var/folders/jk/vgtyw__s2dsdphtygd_0jslr0000gn/T/AcrobatPrintLogs.txt

8. One can see AcrobatPrintLogs 

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens every print on every file.  Error message pops up and you hit ok and it prints a blank page. Started about 2 months ago.  Error message says "The document could not be printed, kindly use our help page to troubleshoot."  Help page doesn't help at all.  Choices are close or visit help.  Either one prints a blank page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also says "No page selected to print"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just bought a new Canon printer, since my old one was no longer supported and I assumed I was missing a driver update. New printer does not work, and same messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the version of Acrobat you are using? Also share the screenshot of the error message for more clarity?

Make sure you have the application updated to the recent version 23.06.20380. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Amal. That was the problem. I thought I had the most recent update, but mine was 20360, not 20380. I may keep the new printer anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that, feel free to reach out for any assistance required in the future.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not fixed.... and the work around is the answer above about protected mode needing to be disabled. This solved both my printing issue and the issue of not being able to print to both sides of the page. Please please please dont give information on these forums without checking this yourselves. I understand this information is given from the Devs, but it really hampers the ability to find quick solutions on these forums when adobe employees constantly say things are fixed when they clearly are not. 

I salute you guys for trying your best to help us out, and this is NOT meant to be derogatory towards the team at all. 

Best, 

Brandon 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved this issue by choosing Print > Advanced and checking "Print as image"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently that can only be done on Mac0S14 Beta - according to my Adobe version.  I am very frustrated as I have tried everything today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines