Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader XI won't start

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

My Adobe Reader XI simply doesn't start. I click on it but nothing happens.

I checked "Event Viewer" and I found the following application error:

Faulting application name: AcroRd32.exe, version: 11.0.0.379, time stamp: 0x505fd19e
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17763.2237, time stamp: 0x52bc73c5
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000e0773
Faulting process id: 0x3eac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d80b975d6f5ab5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 23f68872-3fe3-49ca-b2cc-96b1cfeff448
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I know that there is the Adobe Reader DC, but I can't use it because it doesn't work with our crypted documents - it only works with Adobe Reader XI.

I've also tried with Adobe Reader X - it starts, but after some seconds it gives me a error an simply closes.

I'm currently using Windows 10 version 1809 - unfortunately I can't upgrade it because I'm using an enterprise laptop with Group Policy restrictions.

Please, is there anything else that I could do to fix this issue?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Yes, you have missed out 23 updates to version 11... 11.0.23 was the final version. Got to be worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader XI is not officially compatible with Windows 10, so problems are to be expected.

Make sure you install all available updates for it and try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7. Sooner or later it's not going to work at all, though. You need to either stop updating your OS or start looking for other solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you have missed out 23 updates to version 11... 11.0.23 was the final version. Got to be worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I reinstalled Adobe Reader XI by downloading it again from Adobe Reader XI 11.0.21 Download | TechSpot .

I didn't know that I had to install a patch for it. I though that the installer already comes with the latest version. 

So I downloaded and installed the 11.0.21 patch from the site above and the problem was solved.

Thanks my friend! Have a great day!

Ohh, just one more question - do you know where I can download the patch 23? 
I searched through community and I found the following link:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.23/misc

It is correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines