• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe's disrespect for users

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deselected the McAfee's bloatware when attempting to download Adobe Reader for a Guest user on my desktop. Since, now with CC, I would sacrifice a user instance allowing my housesitter to launch Acrobat I needed freeware for that logged in user. 

Surprise! The only thing that ACTUALLY installed from my readerdc64_en_wa...exe file was McAfee. Adobe Reader did NOT install. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree it's embarrassing that adobe tries to slip mcafee in with reader installs, but i've never had mcafee installed when deselecting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also download other software?

Maybe it didn't install from the Adobe download.  Like kglad, I have never had McAfee download when it was unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nor have I.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe your housesitter did it without telling you. 😉

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Acrobat Reader on spouse's PC running Windows 11. Chrome browser. THERE ARE NO CHECKBOXES. NO OPTION to exclude McAfee apps. It was excruciating to uninstall/delete all the McAfee files. I hope I did not miss any.

OUTRAGEOUS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Carol F Metzger 

i think it's a shame the option to install mcaffee is automatically selected.  and just as bad, mcaffee is like adobe sotware putting files all over when it does install.  

i sympathize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines