• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe stays open after quick print

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening from a PDF Adobe stays open and I need to manually close it each time, annoying when you have loads to print! Can anyone help please?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Hi All

Hope you are doing well.

This issue got resolved with the recent update version 22.2.20191. Please update the application from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe there's a way around it.

You can submit a feature request here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like an unwanted bug in the latest version.  It didn't always do this.  Are you on version 2022.001.20169?  We use command-line printing and Acrobat use to minimize after printing.  Now it stays open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing to quick print the PDF file? A small video recording of the steps you are doing and the issue you are experiencing will be very helpful.

Please repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal.  Perhaps the original poster can share a video.  FYI, this just started happening with 2022.001.20169 and there are other new posts where users are having the same thing happen.  In our case, we use acrobat command-line switches to print a .pdf.  It use to open Acrobat for a second send the print job to the printer and then minimize to the taskbar... waiting till the next time it needs to print.  Ever since yesterday's update users are reporting that Acrobat no longer minimizes after the print.  They have to minimize it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am paying employees to waste their time closing Adobe.  When you have 150 invoices to print it becomes a huge issue.  This is a new issue that has arisen only recently.  We have switched to viwing & printing via google since Adobe has impacted productivity.  Pleeeeease fix this issue. We love Adobe and want to ustilize it rather than web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this issue with a user after the update in finance that quick prints. She doesn't have the time to open and close pdfs because she gets so many invoices. I am following this post for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the same thing for Adobe Reader 2022.001.20169 with quick print. Acrobat Reader doesn't stay mininmized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and am looking for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Would you mind collecting Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Performing a Quick Print, the Quick Print window closes and the Application opens and stays open. Please offer a rollback or an update ASAP. It has been working faultless for the last 2 years. Looking forward to hearing back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A temp work around is the following:

-Reboot or make sure all instances of adobe are closed (check task manager)

-Open adobe manually and minimise to the task bar

-Use quick print as usual, the quick print window will open and close correctly now leaving the blank open adobe you manually opened first there on the task bar, still minimised out of the way.

Until Adobe gets this bug patched it's a good (tested) work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To everyone else reading this--this does work as a (hopefully) temporary workaround. I just tried it. Now I just have to keep it opened and minimized all day grrrr....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe they implemented the temp workaround as a fix (facepalm)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fix was ridiculous! This issue has been going on for a long time, and this is how our “expert techy’s” fix it?!

Get Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We print via command line.  For us, this new version is working like it was previously.  It sends the .pdf to the printer and then minimizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. Fingers crossed they get it fixed in the next update. It is extremely annoying when you are either printing multiple items or trying to type something directly after. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't pop up on top of everything as well! 

In my case, I quick print directly from the email attachment, then reply to the email. Unfortunately now it is popping up on top of everything, but not instantly so it generally interrupts my reply. Now I have to minimize/close adobe before I can continue my reply and go to the next email. It is very frustrating when I have 10+ similar emails and we are extremely busy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Would you mind collecting Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution for this yet please, so annoying! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue here.  Kind of defeats the purpose of a "quick print" if you have to close the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  @Dawn253835504c7s 

Please collect and share the logs as requested above so that we can drive this toward the fixing of the issue. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue just in the last few weeks when I never did before. It's so obnoxious. Please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two weeks now.

Is there any update or a fix at this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines