• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Won't Open any PDF on MAC

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Adobe Reader DC installed on my mac for a while now (running: macOS High Sierra ver 10.13.4), and it's been operating fine.  For the last couple of days, when I open the app (Adobe Acrobat DC ver 2018.011.20038), "Adobe Reader" appears in the menu bar at the top of the screen, but the usual screen doesn't appear, and it won't open anything either from the 'File >> Open menu in Adobe Reader, or when I double click directly on a pdf file.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and rebooting the computer, but nothing has worked.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

denizb44179819  wrote

Is it a way to sell the adobe reader plan instead of a free version?

Nyah. They kinda share a lot in common. If one doesn't work, the other probably won't either.

Can you not open the pdf in Mac Preview?

If the answer is yes, try the Acrobat Cleaner tool (they now have a Mac version) at Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs to completely remove Reader then try to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. No pdf files can be opened even the ones I was able to open couple days ago.

Same I redownloaded it and tried to eliminate all the other technical issues but still I can not have an acces to my files. Is it a way to sell the adobe reader plan instead of a free version?

Now I am heading to a print shop or an important work that I couldn’t complete due to adobe reader challenge.

Please answer how to solve this ?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

denizb44179819  wrote

Is it a way to sell the adobe reader plan instead of a free version?

Nyah. They kinda share a lot in common. If one doesn't work, the other probably won't either.

Can you not open the pdf in Mac Preview?

If the answer is yes, try the Acrobat Cleaner tool (they now have a Mac version) at Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs to completely remove Reader then try to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Window > Tile > Horizontal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cleaner Tool worked.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines