Hi, since I updated my MacBook to v.11.6, Adobe Reader DC v.21.007.20091 is crashing every time I try to open it. The error message is the following:
Process: AdobeReader 
Path: /Applications/Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeReader
Version: 21.007.20091 (21.007.20091)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? 
Responsible: AdobeReader 
User ID: 501
Date/Time: 2021-09-23 16:48:57.438 -0300
OS Version: macOS 11.6 (20G165)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: A9C7C342-E452-6FBD-B5B4-ADB4F803FBE1
Time Awake Since Boot: 160000 seconds
System Integrity Protection: enabled
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Application Specific Information:
Invalid dylib load. Clients should not load the unversioned libcrypto dylib as it does not have a stable ABI.
Someone knows how to fix this? I've find similar issues in this forum, but no one with a practical way to solve it.
Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.
This issue is already reported to our engineering team and they are working in it to find the fix.
We will share the update as soon as we will hear anything from them.
Thanks for your time and patience on this
Thanks Amal. I'll be waiting for the fix.
Copy link to clipboard
MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM
Hi, I can't find further information how to fix this in the forum.
Do you know where can I find it?
Adobe say they will fix it, some day. Meanwhile we must wait.
I can't do anything, Reader crashes after a few seconds. I tried everthing, symbolic links, copy library, etc., but nothing works
I don't say waiting is a good solution, but it's all Adobe have to offer, so far as I can see.
Maybe this will help:
What I have managed to observe in my case is that, if I manually remove the plugin „PPKLite.acroplugin” from the „Plugins” folder, then the app doesn't crash anymore and can be used normally (except the signature part which remains to be fixed).
Life saver! Thanks for this, worked for me.
Hi @Celso5C9E ,
Looks like the etoken module that you are using is not compatible with Reader.
You can first try deleting the entry "Adobe_P11CredentialProvider" in com.adobe.reader.plist located at "/Users/<user directory>/Library/Preferences" under DC/Security/ASPKI. Deleting this key would remove all the pkcs11 modules that you have attached. Once that is removed your reader would start working correctly . Then you can download and install the latest etoken driver and then try to attach the latest module to pkcs11 module settings in Reader Preferences.
After that try signing.
Let us know if this helps.
As I have the same problem, could you please let me know how do I actually delete the entry "Adobe_P11CredentialProvider"?
As you can see in the attached screenshot, when I open the com.adobe.reader.plist file, I don't understand where the entry starts and where it ends. I mean, what exactly do I have to delete?
Thank you for your time.
Hi @Roby_B ,
You can use any Plist editor to make changes in plist. Common one being Xcode.
If you do not want to delete the entry "Adobe_P11CredentialProvider" or for some reason you are not able to, then you can skip this step and can simply try to reinstall the latest etoken driver from your token provider's website and then try to attach the latest module to pkcs11 module settings in Reader Preferences.
I installed SafeNetAuthenticationClient.10.2.82.0 and it didn't work
Hi @Ubaldo5D3E ,
Please make sure it is the latest one released by the SafeNet . You can download the drivers based on your OSX from their official website https://support.globalsign.com/ssl/ssl-certificates-installation/safenet-drivers .
Mmmmm in /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences, there is a file named "com.adobe.Reader.plist"
It's not a directory.
The file is a binary file.
The etoken module used it's the clasic safenet etoken, i think that's not the problem.
It works, thanks!!
I successfuly removed the key from the plist and indeed Adobe stopped crashing, however I experienced the same (or similar) crash while attaching the module. I described the issue into more details here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc-crash-when-attaching-modu....
Copy link to clipboard