• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All links in the pdf file do not work after adding the signature

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pdf file contains links that point to tables, figures, and references in the file. None of these links work after adding a digital signature. Unfortunately, it is not possible to reproduce the file.
Is it possible to use the links by making changes in the existing file settings?

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Share or review PDFs , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, after applying the digital signature in the PDF file the links stopped working.

I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and the links are working fine after applying the digital signature and saving the file.  Would you mind sharing the steps you did to create the hyperlinks in the PDF file and the steps you are doing to digitally sign?

Also, is this a issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer.

Also, please share the PDF file with us so that we can check it at our end. https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, thanks for your Answer .

I used Adobe reader XI Pro to add a digital signature. I also tried several different PDF files and this happened again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I send a simple sample file with some links:

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:69c28b5f-ab39-45e1-a5c1-73e445bc07a...

On page VII, all of the table of contents from number 1 to 2.2.5.11 must be linked to the corresponding content on the next pages.

Or on page 4 - third line : [Hig05] is an abbreviation for the reference must be linked to the list of references.

Or on page 11- seventh line: (Abbildung 2.4) must be linked to Figure 2.4.

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What action(s) are associated with the links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. First of all, thanks for the reply.
This file is a dissertation. Some links refer to tables, some to figures, and some to references. For example, by clicking on the phrase "Figure 5", Figure 5 should be displayed in the few paragraphs below. Or in the table of contents, by clicking on each chapter, the desired chapter should be displayed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what we need to know is what kind of link they are, what kind of action. There are MANY kinds of link and action. For example, I wouldn't necessarily expect JavaScript actions to work after signing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This PDF file is generated by LaTeX, which is a document preparation system for high-quality typesetting.
As far as I know it does not include JavaScript actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't really know how it works behind-the-scenes if you only have Reader.

Please share a sample file so we can look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try67,

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:69c28b5f-ab39-45e1-a5c1-73e445bc07a...

On page VII, all of the table of contents from number 1 to 2.2.5.11 must be linked to the corresponding content on the next pages.

Or on page 4 - third line : [Hig05] is an abbreviation for the reference must be linked to the list of references.

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you cannot send the original file, perhaps you can make a very simple sample file with some links in it, for us to examine. Also - how do you sign please? There are surprising number of different ways to sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test Screen Name,

I used the sign icon in the toolbar to sign the file and added my signature as a jpg file.

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This shared file requires me to sign in and tell you my Adobe ID. Sorry, I can't do that.

There is also some confusing info in what you have posted so far, perhaps you can clear it up for us.

"Adobe reader XI Pro to add a digital signature"

There is no such app. Or rather, you've used the names from two different apps

* Adobe Reader XI (free)

* Acrobat Pro XI (paid)

What app AND VERSION of app do you have (e.g. 11.2.17)?

"to add a digital signature" versus " added my signature as a jpg file."

A digital signature is not a stamp, not a picture.  These are again contradictions. Perhaps it would be best to share your unsigned file AND the signed file so we can look at what has happened between the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines