• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apostrophes on an eForm are being converted into trademark symbols when viewing in the Adobe Acrobat Reader however it is fine when viewing in chrome

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apostrophes on an eForm are being converted into trademark symbols when viewing in the Adobe Acrobat Reader however it is fine when viewing in chromeApostrophes converted to TM symbol.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Not sure if this will work for you, but updating the i0S of my ipad seemed to resolve my issue (for now).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange... Do you know what application was used to fill in the form? Can you share a sample file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eform was generated from Pega application. This is pretty much straight forward, the application is generating a pdf form after mapping its data, that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A PDF form actually contains  two views of the information. It is the job of the form filling app to make sure the two views look the same. I suspect your Pega app is not doing this right. To confirm we'd need to see a shared file. Please make one without sensitive info, share it, and reply with the public URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is the application is not encoding the data correctly when it is populating the fields, but without seeing a sample file, and/or the code of the application itself, it's impossible to say for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem occasionally when people fill in the form on their devices (usually an ipad) and send it to me. It works fine when I fill it in on my desktop. The form was created in Microsoft Word then printed to pdf and turned into a fillable form.

Another interesting aspect is that when the filled in form with the error is sent to me, the apostrophe is shown as the trademark symbol, but when I click in the form field it switches back to the apostrophe, just to witch back when I click out. And if I type into the same form field, then click elsewhere on the form, the trademark symbol disappears and stays gone. I'm finding this very mysterious and assume it's a coding situation that gets confused between devices... Any insight or "easy" fixes anyone can give me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will work for you, but updating the i0S of my ipad seemed to resolve my issue (for now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case though, it's not related to an iPad. If I open the PDF in the browser, it looks correct. If I open it in Adobe, the issue above happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem, only the apostrophes are being replaced by copyright symbols. They show correctly when I click the field, but change back to copyright symbols when I click out of the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue when pasting into into PDF using uipath & powershell script. Same data posted on other pdf forms does not have this issue. Is this specific to the type of font used in the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm experiencing the same issue but the ' is being changed to the copyright symbol (C). When you click in the field to edit the text, it changes back to the correct ' symbol. Also, when printing the document it is printing correctly, it's just changing to a copyright symbol when viewing the form in Adobe Acrobat Pro (on a PC computer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines