• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

append two pdf files

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two related pdf files I need to append together into one pdf file to be accessed from my web site.  How do I go about doing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Adobe Acrobat Reader cannot do this. You wold need either one of the Cloud or an Acrobat subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader cannot do this. You wold need either one of the Cloud or an Acrobat subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you append using Acrobat subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kristal22284251ecwa 

One way is Tools > Combine Files. There is a video as well as other methods here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/acrobat/using/merging-files-single-pdf.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

What I don't like about this method using Combine is that it creates a second PDF if I already have an original PDF.

I did find a way to "Append" an Outlook email to Adobe Pro. 

• User has Outlook open.
  • User right clicks on a single email and/or highlights multiple emails and then right clicks on selection.
  • User selects convert to pdf or append to existing pdf.
  • Acrobat begins converting/appending to pdf.

This is helpful, but only works with appending Outlook emails to existing PDF documents, but it doesn't work with other applications, such as printing reports from QB and appending them to an existing PDF document. PDF Exchange Editor had this feature, and I am surprised to find that I can't find this feature in such a robust software as Adobe Subscription.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found a way to merge two PDF files together without saving as another document, but it still doesn't solve the age-old issue of how to print a file from another software and simply append it to an existing PDF. At the moment, it appears we are stuck creating several documents and appending those together. 

Insert one PDF into another (without creating another document in the process)

1. Open the PDF that serves as the basis of the combined file.
  2. Choose Tools > Organize Pages. The Organize Pages toolset is displayed in the secondary toolbar.
  3. In the secondary toolbar, choose Insert > From File.
  4. Alternatively, you can right-click a page and select Insert Pages to get the insert options.
  5. Select the PDF you want to insert and click Open.
  6. In the Insert Pages dialog box, specify where to insert the document (before or after the first or last page, or a designated page). Click OK.
  7. Close the document and select Save at the prompt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kristal22284251ecwa 

The directions for that method are also in the link I gave you.

I see, though, that it's missing my favorite method: open the Pages panel in both documents and drag-and-drop pages from one PDF to the other. This works similar to PowerPoint slides, if you use that.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane-e, is there really no print driver for Adobe with subscription? Seems like for such an expensive program, it should come with a print driver that we can use to print and append QB reports (or printing from other external software and appending to an existing Adobe PDF document).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is, but only on Windows, due to limitations imposed by Apple on virtual printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! Do you know any where I can find more information on that? I am hoping a print driver will allow me to print reports from QB to Adobe PDF, and append them to each other. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have Acrobat on a Windows machine it will be installed automatically alongside the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane-e, is there really no print driver for Adobe with subscription?

By @Kristal22284251ecwa

With a paid subscription to Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader where you posted), this is what you see in the Print menu.

• Save as PDF uses Quartz (macOS)
  • Save as Adobe PDF uses Adobe

janee_1-1641481093907.png

In addition, Microsoft 365 documents have an Acrobat group on the Ribbon.

janee_2-1641481202623.png

Click it to get this and create an Adobe PDF (you need to then save it).

janee_3-1641481231869.png

When you look in File > Properties, you will see it is an Adobe PDF and not a macOS (Quartz) PDF.

janee_4-1641481481662.png

You can get a free trial of Adobe Acrobat to see if it works for you. Be sure to cancel if it doesn't.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines