• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open a .pdf file in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (the default .pdf program I use on Windows 10) I get the following error notice "Windows Application Error   The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022) Click OK to close Application"  I end up clicking the "X" (instead of the "Close" option), it disappears, then comes up again. I click the "X" again and the error notice closes for good and I am able to continue reading and printing my .pdf.  So no real stoppage, but annoying.       Any suggestions?

Also I used the Acrobat cleaner program and reinstalled with the same result.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Hi Waltk,

As the description given above, that you have already tried uninstalling reinstalling the software and it still didn't help.

So you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the help document-  Application unable to Start correctly Error: 0xc0000022 || 0x00000022

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Waltk,

As the description given above, that you have already tried uninstalling reinstalling the software and it still didn't help.

So you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the help document-  Application unable to Start correctly Error: 0xc0000022 || 0x00000022

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akanchha.  This fix worked for me with Windows 10 operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I "repaired" the file listed, Adobe Reader opened properly.  Several hours later I began to experience the old error message.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frankk,

Sorry for the delay in response.

When you say "repaired" the file listed, did you repair the application?

As you said that you receive the same error message again, could you please confirm the exact dot version of the application installed on Windows 10 OS.

To check the dot version, take help of the steps mentioned here Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Please try once uninstalling the application using the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Restart your system and then re-install the application from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

I uninstalled ver. 2018.009.20050 per your instructions below, and re-installed ver. 2018.009.20044 from your link below. The same error message appears when I open a pdf file.

Now what do you suggest?

Frank Krutchik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank,

As you have re-installed the application, please update it again to the latest patch released that is 2018.009.20050.

Once done, recheck if the issue still occurs.

Try once to reset the preferences of the application.

Take help from the steps mentioned here How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was no help. I followed your instructions, and the error message still

shows. I have now installed another app to open PDF files

thank you

On Jan 22, 2018 12:59 AM, "meenakshin83966505" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Would you help me with your contact information, including a phone number, time zone and time frame via private message: How Do I Send Private Message   Please don't post your personal information here, this is a public forum.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq,

Many thanks for your telephone call this morning.  I was very pleased that you were able to solve this problem when you took control of my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frank,

I am glad I was able to help and thank you for your time.

For future visitors, what resolved this issue is mentioned as follows:

1. Navigate to Reader or Acrobat icon.
  2. Right-click on the icon, choose properties and follow the steps mentioned in this article: Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista  choose the steps: "Permanently run a program as an administrator."
  3. Restart the machine, though that is not mandatory.

Note: This KB: Application unable to Start correctly 0xc0000022 || 0x00000022  has also been updated to accommodate these

changes.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me none of the given solution worked. However after a lot of trial and error, what worked for me is:

Uninstall Adobe Reader DC --> Delete "Adobe" folders from these locations:

Program Files (x86), C:\Users\user\AppData\Local, C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow, C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming

Do the above for all user profiles.

Restart PC and reinstall Adobe Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines