• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AR Fails to print to PCL6 printer - PCL XL Error - IllegalAttributeValue - ReadImage.

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Acrobat Reader 2023.001.20064, like the earlier versions, fails to print some PDF files to HP PCL6 driver, returning error "PCL XL Error - IllegalAttributeValue - ReadImage. Remarkable, Google Chrome prints the same PDF file to the same printer successfully.

This error can be found on the web, and the recommended workaround is to print as an image. This obviously is not an acceptable solution. 

Apparently this problem existed for a while; perhaps someone from Adobe would notice and fix it?

TOPICS
Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi v.rapp,

Thank you for reaching out.

Would you mind sharing the steps you do to print the PDF?

Share the screenshot of the error message you receive.

Share the printer and the OS version number.

Did you check if this happens with all the files you try to print or some particular PDFs?

It would be helpful if you could share a screen recording for the same and the logs for the process. 

To collect logs, please use the steps suggested on the following page:https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html.

Thanks.

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you mind sharing the steps you do to print the PDF?

Share the screenshot of the error message you receive.

I don't receive any error message. Adobe Reader sends the document to print like always, and the paper that comes out of the printer instead of the document has several text lines:

PCL XL Error

Subsystem: IMAGE

Error: IllegalAttributeValue

Operator: ReadImage

Position: 122

The position is different for every document.

>Share the printer and the OS version number.

My printer is HP 1320, and this happens when it's using the driver "HP Universal Print Driver for Windows - PCL 6"

Iit does not happen when the driver is PCL5. But like I said. Google Chrome prints the same PDF documents on the sale PCL6 without this problem.

>Did you check if this happens with all the files you try to print or some particular PDFs?

Only some particular PDFs.

If you really want to troubleshoot this error, I think the best step would be for me to collect the print spool file sent to the printer, and upload it here, so your developers would be able to analyze what is in position 122 (in the above example). Let me know. Screen repording probably wouldn't be helpful since the error is in the printout rather than anywhere in the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines