• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are all Acrobat 2020 Pro and Standard versions DC?

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my own clarification, are all Acrobat 2020 Pro and Standard versions DC?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. DC is the subscription version only. It gets constant updates. 2000 was frozen in 1999 and just gets bug fixes. Also DC includes extra services. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a 2020 perpetual version could have been purchased. (not 2000... we're old-school where I'm at, but not that bad)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, engage brain. 2020 was frozen in 2019 !!  If you aren't sure what one you have look at the version number.

yyyy.xxx.2zzzz is subscription Acrobat DC.

2020.xxx.3zzzz is perpetual Acrobat 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that info, I'm dealing with a corporate env so, as much as I'd like see the version numbers on all the installs, might be tricky.

How about one more question (just one, I promise, then I'll go away).... was 2020 perpetual sold as a device license or a user license, or was their a choice? Invoices received form our reseller, don't differentiate.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can easily find those numbers by going to Help - About Adobe Acrobat.

AFAIK, all perpetual licenses are for an individual user, not a device, although technically if you install it on a device it's accessible to all users on it. That might be breaking the EULA, though (I'm not a lawyer!).

The EULA file I found (here: https://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html) was non-searchable (great job, Adobe!) so it's not easy to find the exact quote for this without going over the whole thing, unfortunately...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines